This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is this price not clear?

So, you walk into my store, and you see a large stack-up of great big plastic storage bins. Looking around the stack-up, you see the following sign:

Now, having seen this, what do you think the price of a box is?
    If you are a sane, reasonable, and literate person, the answer is $6.99.

But this is customerssuck.com, where if it makes sense it isn't allowed. Therefore, the price MUST BE "2 for $6.99."

This actually happened a couple days ago, but I kept forgetting to snap this picture until today.

A "gentleman" (and I use the term very loosely) came up to my register with two of these boxes. I rang them in and told him it would be $13.98.

And he very nearly had an aneurysm on the spot. He insisted that the sign quite clearly said TWO FOR $6.99, and not $6.99 each. He even went so far as to drag the MOD over to the stack-up where he engaged her in a protracted argument about how the sign referred to "nested pairs" of boxes, not invidual boxes. There was much finger pointing, waving of arms, and general drama. Eventually, he came storming back to my register and announced loudly I WILL NOT GET THEM! and stormed out.

Maybe I'm misreading the sign, but I'll let you guys and gals be the judge.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I AM NOT PAYING $700 FOR THAT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You work at the Staples near the Staples where I used to work at, Salem, NH.
    Last edited by draggar; 03-31-2007, 12:36 AM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Should have seen that answer coming

Quoth draggar View Post
      You work at the Staples near the Staples where I used to work at, Salem, NH.
      Cool
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I have to take a picture of one of my tables before the special finishes...

The giant paper says "Vachon cakes 2$" But this lady came to the cash with a Chevalier cake box and said the signage led to confusion...

While I do admit the vachons and Chevaliers are on the same ROW of tables, the special is plastered all around the end where the Vachon cakes are, while the table with the Chevalier cakes is BARE. No special paper on it. Bare Bare Bare.

Yet she managed to get confused.

It's not cuz she can't read, she read the 2$ price tag.

She did some selective reading. Read the price, not the giant VACHON written on it and took a box she liked, hoping she'd get the discount anyway.
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

..um...

(That's all I wanted to say but that's too short to post so I am adding this explanatory line to say that that was all I wanted to say. Have a lovely evening.)
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hmmm, I like those boxes and $6.99 EACH is a decent price......

Comment

What the hell is a "nested pair?" Is that like...however many are stacked inside each other, you get the whole stack for $6.99?
              "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
              -FSTDT

Comment

Ooo! Oooo! Is it 6 for $.99?
                Or maybe it's 54 for $6.99?
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Wait, maybe the "54 QT" means 54 quarter boxes for 6.99? Dividing by four means that mean you get 13.5 FULL boxes for $6.99.

Therefore each box is just $1.9313304!

Bargain!
                  Who elected me Grand Marshal of the Moron Parade today?

Comment

Quoth The Distorted Kwi View Post
                    Wait, maybe the "54 QT" means 54 quarter boxes for 6.99? Dividing by four means that mean you get 13.5 FULL boxes for $6.99.

Therefore each box is just $1.9313304!

Bargain!

NOOOOOOOOO!!! Math at the ungodly hour of 8:23 AM!!!! My eyes are bleeding! Bleeding I tell you!

However, $6.99/each is a really good bargain & I'd get at least 4 of them.

Comment

Quoth ContraCorriente View Post
                      What the hell is a "nested pair?" Is that like...however many are stacked inside each other, you get the whole stack for $6.99?
                      If you look behind and to the right of the sign, you can see two boxes, one inside the other. That's what I meant. In fact, that particular pair is the very pair that this moron wanted to buy (not that that really matters).

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        If you look behind and to the right of the sign, you can see two boxes, one inside the other. That's what I meant. In fact, that particular pair is the very pair that this moron wanted to buy (not that that really matters).
                        Hmmmm, so when I'm at the bookstore today and there's a table of clearance for $4.99, I get the whole table???? Wow!

Comment

What? It says very clearly "2 for 6.99"! Oops, wait a minute, I forgot to take off
                          my SC goggles. Never mind.
                          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            Ooo! Oooo! Is it 6 for $.99?
                            Juwl beat me to it. Can we share credit?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It's printed in black ink, not clear ink?
                              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X