This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another racist rant.

So I was working day shift when this older man came in. (He was black, not that it makes a lick of difference in my view).

He wanted to have two 50 dollar keno tickets. Keno is a online lottery game that runs every 4 minutes. Once you do one, you can't cancel them. So naturally since its rareity to sell one now-adays, I really need the money up front.

Heres how it went...

Me: 100 dollars sir.
    Man: Run the tickets!!! I don't want to miss the game!!
    Me: You got two minutes left... 100 dollars.
    Man: You don't think I'm going to pay?!!?
    Me: Well if your going to pay, does it really matter??
    Man: Your making me pay first cause I'm black!!! Your racist!!!
    Me: o_O No, i just don't want to be short. I'll have to pay if you don't have the money.
    Man: No, your racist!!!
    Me: ... do you have the money??
    Man: *Checks his pocket for two seconds, shakes his head, then walks off claiming he isn't going to shop at a racist store.

Note: I wouldn't be forced to pay, but the manager would look the other way. Would mean less paperwork because i get written up again, its termination. I'd rather just pay the 100 bucks to you know, keep my job.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

BOOO!!!

He didn't have the money!! What a little asshat!!! Maybe he needed his mommy to approve him spending it? Alot of sucky customers are either showing off for barely dressed girls (or guys depending on your pref) or seething for mommy.
    V-Con 2009 and Anime Evolution 2010

Comment

"Man: *Checks his pocket for two seconds, shakes his head, then walks off claiming he isn't going to shop at a racist store."

Translation: "I guess I'm not going to STIFF a racist store. "

Most people get really bent out of shape when they get called a racist. Don't get bent out of shape. It ruins their whole tactic.

SC: You're a racist.
      YOU: Whatever. You need to pay first.
      SC: I'm not shopping at a racist store.
      YOU: (putting tickets away). Okay. I wouldn't either. Have a nice day.
      SC:

It's not against any law to be racist (sadly).

Comment

Man: Your making me pay first cause I'm black!!! Your racist!!
        "No, I'm making you pay first because in the good old U.S. of A, all people have to pay for various goods and services before they recieve them. Keno tickets happen to be one of those things. Now that will be $100 please. I will be happy to call over my manager to explain this further if you still don't grasp the concept"
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

As far as Keno goes, nobody insists that they get the tickets in time for whatever game is currently running. Every game has exactly the same chance of screwing you out of your $100 as every other game. Anyone who has the money will have no problem paying up front because if they miss out on the current game, they will just use the tickets for the next game.
          Short version: If anyone refuses to pay up front, they are either trying to stiff you or not worth selling to.
          "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

I don't like people "crying wolf" when it comes to serious issues like racism.
            There are genuinely racist stores, people, and organizations. I would hate things to reach a point where someone can't be called on real racist behaviour without everyone saying, "Oh, this happens all the time. They're just trying to scam someone."
            This man should be ashamed.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              So I was working day shift when this older man came in. (He was black, not that it makes a lick of difference in my view).

Man: Your making me pay first cause I'm black!!! Your racist!!!
              Me: o_O No, i just don't want to be short. I'll have to pay if you don't have the money.
              Man: No, your racist!!!
              Me: ... do you have the money??
              Man: *Checks his pocket for two seconds, shakes his head, then walks off claiming he isn't going to shop at a racist store.
              "I'm sorry you feel that way. Now get out before I call up my white clan brothers to deal with you."
              Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

I had a African-American man come in to get a Western Union. I asked him for the money first, just like I do with anyone including the little old grandmother earlier in the day. He made a big stink about showing me the money (he had it) and later made a complaint. I'm sorry I follow directions and my boss doesn't. Race was never brought up verbally, but you know he was thinking it.
                I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

But... but... but... THERE are ghosts! I've seen them! It isn't my fault I'm skittish! Sorry for the thread jack!

Comment

Quoth ruffledbirdy View Post
                    But... but... but... THERE are ghosts! I've seen them!
                    I also have seen ghosts, often at places where you wouldn't expect.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      I also have seen ghosts, often at places where you wouldn't expect.
                      I saw one in a toilet once. It told me that people don't crap where you live. I told him I did live there. He left.
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

shame

People like this make me ashamed. They are the reason that shop assistants start to brace themselves when they see black people approaching...
                        ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                        Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
                          People like this make me ashamed. They are the reason that shop assistants start to brace themselves when they see black people approaching...
                          "You's only tensin' becuz I's black!" *Ducks*

Comment

While I see where you're coming from, let's not let this turn ugly, OK?
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                            X