Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People had a big bowl of Sucky Charms for breakfast (loooong)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bliss View Post
    Btw I dissagree STROMGLY with the unlock policy
    Actually, the reason phones are locked is because unlocked phones are worth more money to most people, since it allows them to use a phone they normally couldn't since it's not offered by their carrier. A used phone isn't worth much, but if it's unlocked you can increase your customer base. You have to step into the Corporate mind for a moment, but you buy a phone from the manufacturer for $275, then sell it to a customer for $50, the customer unlocks it and sells it on ebay for $350. So you lost money by selling the phone to begin with, then the customer profits from your loss. Now the same customer does this over and over again, then another customer figures it out, then another and another, and so on. So that's the reason for the 90 day policy. It's the manufacturers' way of protecting their customers (as in the carriers - we have contracts with the manufacturers just like customers do with us, and we can also cancel and go with other providers just like they can) We really don't see much of it over here in the US, but in Europe and Asia there is a huge problem with black market phone sales, so manufacturers worldwide lock the devices as part of the process.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Knifeman View Post
      wow, really looks like they had their Sucky Charms (they're magically malicious!)
      But what are they frosted with?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        But what are they frosted with?
        Stupidity, Bitterness, and Greed!

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
          Coming from a supervisor who was also a fully equipped male, the customer had no problem with this.
          at least you know that he's a no-equipped male so it all evens out
          Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
            Can anyone explain to me why people who are normally not the least interested in science or technological developments have always got to have the "best, flashiest phone there is"?
            It's all about who's got the biggest... plan. They're a bunch of peacocks, is what they are.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
              People had a big bowl of Sucky Charms for breakfast (loooong)
              I've got to say, I love that title!

"Sucky Charms! They're Tragically Malicious!"

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

and the mascot is a hapless retail worker dressed in a green apron pursued by angry customers?

Comment

Working...
                X