Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found out early this week that I will have to work on Good Friday (Boo-urns!) but that I get Easter Sunday off. (Huzzah!)

Quoth Estil View Post
    I believe since at least the mid-to-late 1800s?
    I know, I jest about it. I'm a student, so I only know the theory behind the $50 and $100 bill. Once I get out into the "real world" I'll be able to fully comprehend the practical aspects from which the threory is based.

/university humour
    //extra credit to all those who get it!
    Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 04-05-2007, 06:10 AM.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

We're open every day but Christmas, too.

I haven't worked a Sunday in over a month but have to work Easter. Why? Because EVERYONE works Easter Sunday. Since we don't get holiday pay on Easter (religious holiday) they force everyone to work it.

As soon as the last Easter lily has been purchased the store completely dies down. It's really quite stupid.

Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

Those of you getting extra pay for working holidays, please observe a moment of silence for your brethren in the food service industry, as there is no such thing there--at least not in the U.S. If you happen to get scheduled for Easter Sunday or Christmas or whatever, you work it, and there is no extra pay.

Myself, I tend to have Sundays off, but that has nothing to do with religion or anything, unless you count the NFL as a religion--which, come to think of it, I do.

And I only know Easter is coming because y'all keep talking about it.

As for the other holiday, the one that my relatives were celebrating, a coworker of mine asked me about that last week.

DR. BOB: "Jester, you're working? You're not taking your holiday off?"
        JESTER: "My holiday? What are you talking about?"
        DR. BOB: "Passover. Isn't it Passsover?"
        JESTER: "Is it? I wouldn't know. Don't really pay attention to that. But I guess I should do something in honor of that holiday today."

And so I ordered a double side of bacon for my breakfast.

"My holiday" indeed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

What's bad in my area is Winn Dixie and Albertson's are open on Easter Sunday. Publix, on the other hand, is not thanks to it being mainly in the hands of Christians who believe this day should be observed to allow employees to spend this day with their families. They do not think the day should be spent bagging groceries for people who decided to wait until this very day to get what they should have gotten prior to Easter Sunday.

In fact, both Winn Dick Me and Albertson's are open on Thanksgiving and Christmas, which is just absurd in my book. Again, if you didn't get it before then, you should be SOL, or shit outta luck.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            I was gonna say for when SCs want to buy a 25 cent pack of Wrigley's gum
            Isn't it 30 cents now?

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Actually BN only closes on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Christmas Eve, Easter, July 4th, they close early (maybe a couple others, I don't remember), and New Year's Day they open late.
            Wow. At least at the store I work at, we have Easter and New Year's Day off, too. (Personally, I'd rather work. If I can't see my family*, I don't particularily want to spend every holiday with the MOTH's family.)

*At my place of employment, most major holiday weeks are blocked off. No personal days, no vacations, and it's hard to request a specific day off. All well and good for most of the people who work there, but what about those of us who live hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away from our loved ones?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X