Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC's who play "Swap the phone with the spouse"!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC's who play "Swap the phone with the spouse"!

Anyone ever get calls like this? You get Ms Rosenburg in New York, or Florida, since that's where her second multi-million dollar home is located. She normally calls in about her bill/service every month, because she doesn't understand it, although the bill is the same amount to the penny each month. And, then she often, in the middle of discussing the bill, puts her husband on while she goes away to check the cookies in the oven. After that, she comes back on the phone, but first has to ask Mr Rosenburg what he and the rep talked about, then talk to the rep, then run off to the bathroom, puts Mr Rosenburg back on................anyone know what I'm talking about?

I also like this type of call: When Ms Roseburg gets on the phone, then says "Hold on! My husband is getting on the other extension, but will be a few minutes. He's finishing up taking his liver spot medication!" You then have to wait forever for him to finish doing that.

I'm terrible at multi-tasking, plus I don't like having conversations on the phone with someone else, in the same house, listening in! I know how to handle my own problems, thank you!
    Last edited by greensinestro; 04-03-2007, 02:24 PM.

What I get is someone at the counter who feels the need to call "somebody" about their account, late fee, whatever. "Person" is not in the store and therefore cannot actually say or do anything to help the situation. I mean, you can yell at me all day over the phone that it's your account and you want the person in the store to be allowed to use it. But since you aren't HERE you can't prove to me that it's your account therefore- too bad- they still aren't using it.

Anyhoo~ the person in the store calls the person at home.
    Then the person in the store says, "HERE! He wants to TALK to YOU!" and proceeds to shove their f***ing cel phone in my face.

Which I take one step back from and completely refuse to take. Explaining that unless they are here there is nothing I can talk to them about. (I learned my lesson about falling into that trap some time ago.)

This REALLY makes them mad. Which is just too bad because no where in my job description does it say that I have to talk on your bloody phone.

Sorry... guess it's a sore spot...
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Does family count? My sister in law will make her husband (My wifes brother) play "little bitch secretary" for her. He will call to ask questions, get info, find out if we have more pens for a bridal shower - repeat a F**King bridal shower, we are men, we don't give a rats behind about a bridal shower, let our wives handle it amongst themselves (they are the 2 putting it on, me and my BIL have nothing to do with it).

They've done this with computer questions, etc, etc, etc. It gets to the point that I will actually ask my wife if her brother has any balls or if they are in a jar on his wifes desk.

Sorry to go off like this, but its been pissing me off all weekend.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
        It gets to the point that I will actually ask my wife if her brother has any balls or if they are in a jar on his wifes desk.
        I have quite a collection in formaldehyde if he needs some...
        Just let me know what size...
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

This happens to me a lot when the wife if complaining about some stupid issue or another and is demanding something from me because of her foolishness. After I say "No" enough times, the husband comes on the line and he's always got a "now-just-a-darn-minute-here" tone that lets me know he means business and that I'd better do what he says. Or so he thinks.

ME: As I told your wife, the unreasonable request she is making is not going to happen. Good day.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

It's commonly known as 'tag teaming' around our office. What people never seemed to realize is that I can say 'no' to 2 people, just as easily as I can say 'no' to 1.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Oh lordie, that happened to me! I was actually kind of glad that the daft woman put her husband on the phone! She was having problems with her MMS, in that it SOMETIMES worked and SOMETIMES didn't. Now, at the time of her call, her service provider was having huge problems with their service, so that was obviously the issue.

I confirmed this after going through her settings with her not once, not twice, but three times and they were correct. But no, the problem is with the phone, nevermind that the settings are static and cannot change without human interaction, and the network is fluid and constantly in flux!

Hubby gets on the phone, all alpha-male like and "why are you upsetting my poor little wife!", listens to all this, understands better than her, and then still asks if they can swop the phone out! She's already sent it in for a service and they sent it back saying "No known faults found". The product manager organised another repair for her, and of course it came back fault free. Stupid wench...

Sorry, that kinda went rantified...my apologies *offers choccies*
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post

Anyhoo~ the person in the store calls the person at home.
                Then the person in the store says, "HERE! He wants to TALK to YOU!" and proceeds to shove their f***ing cel phone in my face.

This REALLY makes them mad. Which is just too bad because no where in my job description does it say that I have to talk on your bloody phone.

I wouldn't do that anyway being there's no telling what diseases they might have and have added to that phone.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                  But since you aren't HERE you can't prove to me that it's your account therefore- too bad- they still aren't using it.
                  "I need to change a plan/feature/check my contract."

Oh, I see you aren't the account holder or an authorized contact.

"But it is my cousin's/dumb*** family member's account, and we swap phones and stuff all the time."

Yes, there are laws for that kind of thing, because of those kinds of things. There is no hell deep enough for you people ma'am/sir.

/chuckle *Feels mods breathing down this thread*
                  "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

I had that happen to me last week. The guy brought in his computer and barely spoke English. I speak some Spanish, but I'm not fluent by any means. I finally got from him that his wife wanted an Ethernet card put in the computer. That was after he talked on the phone with her for twenty minutes while I was by myself and my customers were stacked five deep. And after handing the phone to me so I could talk to her and find out what the hell she wanted. She spoke perfect English, but she was just "too busy" to take ten minutes to take the computer to us and tell us what she wanted.

It was very hard to keep from reminding her that we were open until 9 pm, so she could have easily come in after work. Also, if she knew her husband didn't speak English and (more importantly) didn't know anything about computers, then maybe she shouldn't make him do her bitch work.
                    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
                    X