Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Tim Mcgraw et. al. can go, but Willie Nelson? C'mon man, he's back when country came in only 2 flavors: Kuntry and Western! Total legend!

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
      Ok, Tim Mcgraw et. al. can go, but Willie Nelson? C'mon man, he's back when country came in only 2 flavors: Kuntry and Western! Total legend!
      Okay, okay, I'll concede that point. Still, one does not compare some of the greats of the metal/rock scene to country/western. It's just... unnatural.

Comment

Quoth The Scaly Bard View Post
        To the thirty-seven year-old Asian woman who looked twelve, dressed like she was twelve, and acted like she was twelve... you look twelve, you're gonna get carded for smokes. Deal with it, and be glad I wasn't feeling vindictive and claim your ID as a fake just to piss you off more.
        Oh, you should've done that!!!!!!!

Nah, not good customer relations.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

NEVER dare to equal the greatness of Rammstein, Judas Priest, and Nightwish to the likes of Tim McGraw, Willy Nelson, and Shania Twain. I will be forced to drag you into the cooler to endure the Death Of A Thousand Papercuts using a crisp new twenty-dollar bill.
          Ummmm...both Judas Priest and Willie Nelson can be found in my CD collection.
          He loves the world...except for all the people.
          --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth Aressel View Post
            That cellphone in the bathroom thing certainly makes for an interesting mental image. I'm not sure whether to be amused or horrified...
            I do not understand people who talk on their cellphones in the bathroom. It would seem that if there's one time in your life that you want to be as alone as is possible in a public stall, that would be it. Yet I see this all the time where I work. Bonus points if they give you a dirty look for actually using the restroom for what it's used for and flushing, which makes lots of noise in a nice ceramic-tiled bathroom and wreaks havoc with their ability to hear their oh-so-important conversation.
            --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth Crosshair View Post
              HaHa, that ones good, and true.

OK, I's with you on Rammstein and Nightwish. I'll have to find some Judas Priest to listen to before I agree with you 100%.
              I recommend anything from the Halford years. I'm particularly fond of the late 70s-early 80s stuff. "Point of Entry" might be my favorite album, but "Sin After Sin" is up there too.
              --Men at Work

Comment

My boss lost a cell phone in a toilet...

... imagine what the guy on the other end heard!

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
                  It would seem that if there's one time in your life that you want to be as alone as is possible in a public stall, that would be it.
                  Bonus points for playing up how much energy it takes for you to do your business, while someone's on the phone the next stall over. Like the scene in Austin Powers 1, with the fight between Austin and the Irish hitman.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Juwl-- I'm all about that if there's someone on their phone in the bathroom. Noises, repeated flushing, splashing, etc. Anything I can do, makes me smile.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

To the gentleman who came into my store to use the restroom while talking on his cellphone. I don't really understand the importance of being on the cellphone in the early morning hours, especially when you're in the bathroom making sounds like someone is sodomising a bull elephant with a coked-up porcupine. Really, I don't. But please, don't come out of the bathroom with that euphoric look on your face and the cellphone mysteriously absent. At three in the morning, that image does bad things to my sleep-deprived, over-caffienated brain. I'm going to go hide in the freezer now.
                      Thats the funniest thing I've read...EVER!!!

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

HEY HEY HEY I like Tim McGraw!!!! He has a nice voice. But i hate that i know he only get that voice by smoking between songs....
                        But i love music so i like all types .... and i hate willies voice... and i wanna kill shania....

Comment

I hate to play devil advocate on the whole cell phone thing but...

If the cell phone has a damaged antena and the humidity is just right and you touch metal there is actually a very good chance you will create a shock.

It's the antena of a phone that disipates most of the static charge of a phone. If it's badly damaged it doesn't release proper and you can build a charge up in yourself.

As a side note: Mythbusters does really badly whenever it envolves dangerous things.
                          To properly test anything to do with gas stations you really have to do it at an active gas station.
                          Just having a car and a pump in a field somewhere doesn't count. A gas station is saturated with gas vapors. And it's the vapors that are flammable.

Just remember, if you can smell gas. You can ignite gas.

Comment

Oh man. Overheard a toilet-flushing cell phone conversation at work today.

I was at the urinal paying my water bill and there was a guy splashing things into one of the stalls when.....

(ringy dingy dingy!)
                            Hello! Hey Pat how you doin? SPLASH PFFFT Oh I'm not up to too much...blah blah blah blahhhhhhh FLUSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH......Yeah see you later, bye.

Took everything I had to keep from busting out laughing.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Raieth View Post
                              If the cell phone has a damaged antena and the humidity is just right and you touch metal there is actually a very good chance you will create a shock.

It's the antena of a phone that disipates most of the static charge of a phone. If it's badly damaged it doesn't release proper and you can build a charge up in yourself.

As a side note: Mythbusters does really badly whenever it envolves dangerous things.
                              If the humidity is right, I create a shock just with my body. Every summer I have to tap my knee against the filing cabinet next to me at regular intervals so I don't zap myself.

And I never watch Mythbusters. I go to Snopes and actual authorities-based reports for such information. Verdict is, there has never been a case where a cell phone was the likely suspect in a gas station fire.

The most common cause, after smoking and sparking cars would be static buildup from cloth seats.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X