This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyer Belt Hog, and more...

OK, to be fair, this isn't my story, since I was helping out in the deli, but the man of the household told it to me on the way home.

While waiting for me (I had to stay an extra half hour), he decided to do a little bit of shopping.

Ahead of him is a woman, who empties half her cart onto the conveyor belt. OK, fine, no problem. Normal, I suppose, due to space issues. Anyhoo, once the first half of the order is scanned, the woman starts putting things from her cart onto the belt ONE AT A TIME.

After the total reaches a certain amount, she says, with a bit of a pissy attitude, from what I heard, "OK, that's it. Don't scan anymore!!!!" (Leaving at least half the stuff--including perishables--in the cart.) I guess this woman has never heard of a calculator.

Long before this, another customer got into line behind the man of the household, and everyone's getting a bit annoyed.

So, while the woman is peering at the screen, it never occurs to her to get her method of payment ready. That takes another small lifetime, and more than one person is tapping their foot. The woman, of course, is oblivious.

She finally paid, and as she left, muttered something about "This store is so SLOW!!!!!"
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid
Working...
X