This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She squished my broom

So today I was painting the parking lines in the parking lot. As cars left, I would mark off spots in whatever section I was working in to prevent people from parking there. Now, I only have a grand total of five orange cones, which is not nearly enough, so I was using whatever I could find to block off spots, including ice buckets my broom and dustpan, and the striper itself. Basically, whatever I can find to stick at the end of the parking spot to say "don't park here!" Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could have figured out what was going on there.

I'd just finished sweeping and prepping a section for painting. I just had to run down and grab the striper and the cones from the section that was drying and move them over. I used a couple cones I had, then used my broom and dustpan and very deliberately laid them across the parking spaces.

I grabbed my cones in the other section to release those spots, and as I used the striper to touch-up one section near the end of the driveway, a woman in a Navigator pulls in, looks at me painting lines, drives past the spots that are done and available, and drives right over my broom into the clearly not-yet-painted section that has something blocking every other parking spot.

The broom handle was squished to the point of being useless.

Normally I wait for spots to vacate to avoid the paint spray misting cars but...it was a white Lincoln Navigator, it was white spray paint, I may have decided "F**k that b*tch" and painted the lines right up alongside her lovely SUV. After all, it was vacant when I cordoned off that section. (No, I didn't get any paint on her vehicle. But I did hope to make her sweat a bit about it.)

Bonus

In addition to painting lines, I was straightening out our poor concrete parking curbs in anticipation of painting them later, and they have taken much abuse since they were last straightened (probably last summer/fall). Now, I freely admit I have hit more than my fair share of curbs before (as well as the occasional sign post), but tell me, how the hell do you hit one hard enough to flip it upside down and into the adjacent parking space?!? My forearms are now plenty sore from moving those damn heavy things.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 06-24-2013, 02:04 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Ya, the problem with that is half our customers dont have a brain cell, let alone 2 to rub together.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Urg. She's the same type who would pull across my path when pushing carts in with the cart pusher. It has a brake, but not an instant-stop feature, and really no steering. People are lucky they didn't get hit.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        She's the same type who would pull across my path when pushing carts in with the cart pusher.
        I remember back at the grocery store, one of the guys was out collecting carts and car plowed right into the train. The middle of a train of 30 carts.

He claimed the shiny chrome carts 'blended too well' with the black asphalt for him to see them. Then he threatened the store with a lawsuit for the damage to his vehicle.

I never heard what happened with the lawsuite, but I'm guessing the lawyers' face looked a bit like this:

Comment

wait what? He hit the train and then tried to sue ... for damage he himself caused?

I'd like to see a judge handle that case. And rule that since the driver couldn't distinguish between chrome and the road, his driver's license was being revoked for safety.

and for the original story. O my. I hope she did sweat a little. I mean it's not as if you just left a broom there and walked off, you were right there WORKING.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
            I remember back at the grocery store, one of the guys was out collecting carts and car plowed right into the train. The middle of a train of 30 carts.

He claimed the shiny chrome carts 'blended too well' with the black asphalt for him to see them. Then he threatened the store with a lawsuit for the damage to his vehicle.

I never heard what happened with the lawsuite, but I'm guessing the lawyers' face looked a bit like this:
            I'd have loved to hear someone say that to us at the wholesale club. Especially since our carts were RED.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

"You squashed my pea."

Can you charge the cost of a new broom to her room?
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
              X