This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Standing has nothing to do with civilian vehicles. It's about taxis/cabs.
    Admittedly we live in different jurisdictions, but I've heard that "standing" does apply to civilian vehicles as well. Where I'm from, the differences between stopping, standing, and parking are:

Stopping: Driver in vehicle, vehicle not in motion for reasons other than traffic and control devices (i.e. if there's a traffic jam or a red light, that doesn't make it a "stopping" offense). Nobody enters or leaves vehicle.

Standing: Driver in vehicle, passengers entering/leaving/getting luggage from trunk or putting it in. Of course, this ties in with taxis - it's the type of activity that would take place when a cab is "standing".

Parking: Driver not in vehicle.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Okay I've seen posts about stopping, standing and parking but what about 'waiting'?

I'm in the UK and locally I have a VERY busy supermarket where you're pretty much guaranteed to have to drive around the car park several times before you can find the space. As a result, a lot of people take to just stopping and waiting for a space to appear and taking it, myself included. This also happens in a nearby car park which is pay per hour.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
        Whenever I parked at one of those coin-fed meters, I made sure I did my business in enough time for how many minutes I had on the meter. In the several times I wouldn't be able to, I would excuse myself from whatever I was doing and run out with an extra 50-75 cents to feed the meter, which would get me another 30-40 minutes of time.

How hard would it be for other people to do the same? I never had a meter expire on me, so I never would have to throw a fit at the guy writing me the ticket, and even if one did expire on me, I would acknowledge it to be my fault and just pay the damn fine without complaint.
        There are actually meter maids in Queensland who will do this. They'll walk around in short-shorts and a bikini with an akubra sometimes with boots on, sometimes with hooker boots on, other times with strappy sandals. They'll have a sash as well.

Generally they'll feed a coin or two into the meter and leave a card, as a measure of goodwill.

(It used to be a bikini and a tiara)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          There are actually meter maids in Queensland who will do this. They'll walk around in short-shorts and a bikini with an akubra sometimes with boots on, sometimes with hooker boots on, other times with strappy sandals. They'll have a sash as well.

(It used to be a bikini and a tiara)
          I'm sorry, but I've got to say it:

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES.
            http://www.4220.com.au/Blog/Have_you...st_Meter_Maids

'cause, you know, I feel bad that you don't live in a tropical paradise full of scantily clad women.

Comment

Fair enough. Not, however, that you can ever have too many scantily clad women.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Fair enough. Not, however, that you can ever have too many scantily clad women.
                and if they save you from a parking fine, even better

Comment

Working...
                X