This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mhkohne View Post
    But tow him you did. I bet he thought he was so clever, parking in such a spot. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just imagining the expression on his face...
    Oh no doubt, because his bill of sale for that misadventure was

$115 - Illegal tow
    $75 - Extra truck/man fee
    $65 - Winching fee, first 30 minutes or part thereof

Total: $245

1 hour of parking at municipal garage: $1

You do the math, was it worth it pardn'er?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Oh no doubt, because his bill of sale for that misadventure was

$115 - Illegal tow
      $75 - Extra truck/man fee
      $65 - Winching fee, first 30 minutes or part thereof

Total: $245

1 hour of parking at municipal garage: $1

You do the math, was it worth it pardn'er?
      Of course, the parking fee can be tax deductible. I don't imagine an illegal parking/tow away fee is tax deductible.

It's amazing how people work hard to skirt the law or the rules when it is a lot easier to follow them.

Remember, don't park in McDonald's parking lot unless you're going to McDonald's.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Argabarga, your parking deck fiasco reminds me of a sign in Florida. This sign, over the toll bridge connecting St. Pete to Bradenton, says, "Penalty for not paying toll is $100." The toll for the bridge is $1.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Not only are illegal tows not tax deductible, but, our $15 off labor coupon from the yellow pages doesn't work for them either (we thought of that, the fine print says it's ONLY for labor for repair work) and your AAA card won't help you either.

"I'm covered for tows!"

"You're covered for roadside services and emergency towing, not illegal parking, this is the same as a speeding ticket, it's all on YOU"

And, I also got a call yesterday from the owner of the apartment with the mailboxes, seems the lady we towed has been bugging them now about how they need to reimburse her for their "illegal" towing practices.... the secretary just wanted me to reiterate the rules so she could tell said person to shove off...
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
            But tow him you did. I bet he thought he was so clever, parking in such a spot. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just imagining the expression on his face...
            Pity you couldn't leave a note indicating that this primitive vehicle has been beamed to a tow lot on Deep Space Nine; retrieval fee is $150,787 Latinums, signed, TowMaster Zarg.

(Geez ... there's actually a website for currency converters for alien money!! )

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              Pity you couldn't leave a note indicating that this primitive vehicle has been beamed to a tow lot on Deep Space Nine; retrieval fee is $150,787 Latinums, signed, TowMaster Zarg.

(Geez ... there's actually a website for currency converters for alien money!! )
              Or for the star wars fans out there, he could have left a note saying it had been towed to Coruscant depot and would be released upon payment of 243 Galactic Standard Credits (according to moneyinadvance.co.uk 1 credit = a little over USD$1 =p)
              Last edited by Kagato; 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM.
              Violets are blue,
              Roses are red,
              I bequeath to thee...
              A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                How do we do it? Oh, I'll never tell.........

Okay, fine I will.... http://www.detroitwrecker.com/servle...acks-go/Detail
                Good ol' Go Jacks! I remember those from my towing days of yore!
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                X