This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get to "fire" a customer today.

A little background: This person has been coming into the store for the last 2-3 years, harassing our League of Legends players, not buying really anything, and totally making a jackass of himself. Several of our regular customers have asked that he be banned and the other day when he said something under his breath at my boss (that he was a rotten jackass) was the final straw and my boss told us that the next time he comes in, to ban him. Fast forward to today.

Me: Awesome Game store manager who doesnt take any shit.
    SC: Annoying teenager

SC walks up to counter.
    Me: Sorry SC, you are officially banned from the store.
    SC: Why?? I didnt do anything wrong
    Me: The crap you were talking about the boss made him ban you.
    SC: I didnt say anything, your boss is full of shit, he is lying, you are making things up.
    Me: Sorry man, you are banned, go talk to my boss if you want but you are not welcome back in the store.
    SC: *in a super snotty voice* How much can I give you to make this go away?
    Me: That isnt the way it works. The way it works is, you get out and I dont call the cops for you attempting to bribe me.
    SC: *Walks out muttering nasty things about my boss*
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
    SC: *in a super snotty voice* How much can I give you to make this go away?
    You: About a hundred bucks.
    *SC hands over money*
    You: Now...GO AWAY!

Comment

Hey, I'd be willing to put up with his crap for 1000 bucks a shift, so long as boss-man isn't around. Whatta great deal for SC, right!
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Why does he even want to hang out there if he's not buying anything?

Oh, wait, probably because he doesn't have any friends and has been banned from every other store already. Never mind
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

An Update:

1. He likes to attend those "rub and tug" massage places on occasion and horrify us with the details.

2. He talked to my boss today and in the tradition of all spineless owner/managers everywhere he:

a) told the guy to screw off
          b) bought him a "last supper" and a long walk off a short pier
          c) unbanned him and welcomed him into the store with open arms

If you guessed C, you win a box of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
          "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

If that's the case, I'd still keep him banned when you're there. If the boss took him back the boss can ring him up only when the boss is there. If your boss persists, remind him of all the other paying customers that want him banned, and ask if he prefers to keep X paying customers or one SC.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
              If your boss persists, remind him of all the other paying customers that want him banned, and ask if he prefers to keep X paying customers who obviously have buying/spending power or one NON-buying/paying SC.

There fixed it for you.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

you get out and I dont call the cops for you attempting to bribe me.
                That's not a crime. You could call the cops on him for trespassing, as you have already told him he isn't welcome, but there's no law that says you can't bribe a non-government official.
                Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Something to suggest to the boss: A tiered, pay for privilege system, wherein he has to spend X amount of money in the shop (per visit) to earn a privilege for that visit.

1. $50 allows him to stay in the shop for that "visit." He leaves, it's done. The only person he is allowed to "interact" with is the cashier and that's only for the transaction.

2. $100 allows him to speak politely with the boss. Boss allows a customer this toxic to come back, then he/she can deal with them first.

3. $200 allows him to speak politely with the staff. Chewing the staff = instant, no take backs banning.

4. $300 allows him to speak politely with his fellow customers. Again, POLITELY.

5. $400 allows him to cuss out the boss.

Double the amounts listed if there is any sort of group gaming or tournament going on. Oh, and notice how I only allowed for him to cuss the boss?
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

So the same boss who wanted him gone, welcomed him back with open arms? To me that is beyond stupid, he's gonna take that as a sign that he can harass everyone even more now.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                      he's gonna take that as a sign that he can harass everyone even more now.
                      Or worse...
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The rest of the customers, who don't want him there, should get together and tell the boss that they will not be coming back if this asshole is allowed to hang around. Maybe then boss will get the point.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If you guessed C, you win a box of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
                          Ooh... Those are my favorite kind of cookies.

LOL you should have taken the bribe eh? hahaha

Comment

Working...
                          X