Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't have an attitude; I just didn't hear you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have an attitude; I just didn't hear you.

Why do people here insist on getting offended at everything? First guy was all "That was rough." He wasn't really offended, but unnecessarily critical. I had to explain that the cord of the hand scanner was caught in the drawer and I didn't see it. But of course he just assumed I'd yanked it purposely. Then there was the woman who told her husband as they were walking away that I had an attitude. I had asked, like I'm supposed to, if they had any coupond and got NO answer. After I'd turned toward the register she asked her hubs (I thought) "Do you have any coupons?" He was paying, so I assumed she was prompting him to answer me. When I turned to her again she asked me the same and I simply said "No." I simply answered her question and she made a face. Truthfully, I hate when they answer a question with a question just because they don't lije being asked.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Yeah, it seems like some people go around LOOKING for things to be offended about. I'm not even talking about fratch-worthy things, I'm talking about those stupid little picky details like you described in your post.

I get them on the phones, too. People sigh and act like I'm stupid when I ask them to repeat things. Pardon me, but if I don't hear you clearly, I have to ask! Better to ask than get it wrong, after all.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Yeah, it seems like some people go around LOOKING for things to be offended about. I'm not even talking about fratch-worthy things, I'm talking about those stupid little picky details like you described in your post.
      Yes indeed they do. They seem to enjoy finding stupid minor things to pitch a conniption fit and bully the employee over. I will never understand that mindset.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I think it's a feral reflex thing.

"I don't understand what just happened, I'll act like an angry orang-utan to frighten the enemy!"

*SC proceeds to flail around, scream at and injuriate the employee*

That was the proper response to "But what kind of cable?" and "I'll give you the nintendo hotline number", apparently.
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
        X