This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Would Not Let This Woman...

Pump 1 dollar of gasoline into a water jug because it is against federal law to assist someone in pouring gas into a non-approved container. We sell gas cans but she “didn’t have money" for those and her kids are stuck in the car on the highway. When I told her that she was asking me to break a federal law she told me that she was asking me to not let her kids be stuck in a car on the highway.

1. That’s your own damn fault for leaving them in the car while you came here (which I highly doubt since you didn’t even come from that direction, IF YOU EVEN HAVE KIDS.)

2. A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Maybe you should have spent more time thinking about how much gas it would take you to get from point A to point B and less about how much crack you wanted to smoke before you left.

3. If you “didn’t have money" for a gas can and you thought one dollar of gas was going to get you to the next gas station, you’re freaking STUPID. And how are you going to pay for your gas at the next gas station if you don’t have any goddamn money past a dollar?

Go take your lying ass somewhere else and try to get them to help you break a federal law that’s plastered ALL OVER THE PUMPS.

Schadenfreude, baby, I’m just rollin’ in it.

What the-- That's not even a gallon! How far is she going to get on that, seriously? What a twit.

Love the gif, BTW.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Petrol can melt through some plastics anyway, so there's no guarantee that the jug would have stayed filled even if she'd got away with it.
      The story that I always remember was back in 2001ish when a taxi driver stored petrol (back when prices were rocketing) in a wheelie binsin his basement. It melted through the bottom of the bin, soaked into the ground and the council had to evacuate the neighbouring street because of the explosion risk until they'd cleaned it up.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        How far is she going to get on that, seriously?
        Depending on the make and model of her vehicle, 8 miles tops. Even if that got her home, what good would it do, unless she lived near another filling station....I think you may be onto something with the huffing theory, patiokitty.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

One dollar of gas wouldn't get her anywhere. Around here that would be less than a third of a gallon.

Comment

a dollar of gas would fill up hubby's scooter (if you're curious here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Express ). The tank was only a liter or two. The scooter was 20 years old when we got it and only had test miles on the odometer. It had spent the last 20 years tucked in the back corner of the motorcycle shop.
            Last edited by dawnfire; 07-23-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah, I always loved the people who ran out of gas and tried to use whatever they could find to put a few bucks in and take back to their car.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

They are just lucky that they don't live in New Zealand, that amount would not be accepted full stop, since the pumps here all have signs on them saying "Minimum 2 litres", a litre of 91 currently being $2.26 per litre (converts out to a whopping $8.55 per gallon)
                Violets are blue,
                Roses are red,
                I bequeath to thee...
                A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                  They are just lucky that they don't live in New Zealand, that amount would not be accepted full stop, since the pumps here all have signs on them saying "Minimum 2 litres", a litre of 91 currently being $2.26 per litre (converts out to a whopping $8.55 per gallon)
                  Yikes. It's just hit $1.60AUD over here, but we have the same rule. Minimum 2 litres.

As for the huffing fuel thing, a number of petrol stations in remote areas or near Aboriginal communities have introduced a fuel that actually prevents you from getting high. It's a certain ingredient in the fuel that produces the effect and the fuel contains less of it. (which is why you wouldn't get high from the smell of leaking fuel around the nearest petrol station) Apparently it's been effective though
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

You should have called her on it and call the police to report a car ran out of gas on the highway with kids in it and their mom is at your gas station for help getting gas. Let's see if her story changes then. When it comes to kids stranded on a highway or anywhere, the police usually try to help.

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                      Wow. I'm going to print out this quote and show it to my idiot customers who think we're charging too much. Go live in NZ, baby!

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                        Go live in NZ, baby!
                        Tell 'em Norway instead - they are consistently the highest in the world.

Comment

Working...
                        X