This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat Complaints

I rarely have time to post working two jobs and taking care of the house and kids. I apologize for that. I vow to try harder to share with you wonderful folks the wealth of stupid that I am paid to deal with. On to today's gem...

I work customer service in a call center. Confidentiality is not to be messed with in my industry but I will try to convey all pertinent details while changing others to protect the guilty.

A woman called to inquire about the progress of her order. When an order is placed we provide and estimated completion time and in our contract it clearly states that no guarantee can be made as to the time frame. We allow for payment upon completion and cancellation any time prior to delivery.

She claimed that she reviewed the contract and it does not state anywhere that the time is an estimate. I patiently explained that it does not use the word estimate but in section x it covers that completion times cannot be guaranteed. I reviewed that her order is currently slated to take 3 additional days.

She claimed that the last rep she spoke with was rude and told her it was her fault that it was taking longer. She claimed that the prior rep made her cry. Which makes no sense as a customer cannot control order processing times. I reviewed the account and saw no mention of any such comments but who would document that they said that? A very small part of me tried to believe her complaint, until...

She then began complaining that she cannot afford to be paying for our services and began crying. I expect I will the next rude rep who made her cry...

This may seem to be missing parts but I swear she jumped from one subject to the next just like that. Most times she did not even acknowledge my answer before having a different complaint.

Sounds like this woman lives in her own little world...~_~

Don't worries about not being able to post much Just feel free to do so when you can...If we got on people about that, it would be like work! O_O Can't have that, now can we?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Custy wants faster completion. Custy tries to morph "estimate" into "guarantee." Any denial on your part that those two words mean completely different things is rude. And yep - you're the next bad rep. Is your call center small enough to track her next call?

Comment

Might be a good CYA idea to update the notes to indicate her behavior.

Comment

Yes, we are extremely small and all in a single location. I can view the account and easily see when any calls happen. I can also easily email a warning to the entire office.

I also documented the notes extremely well. I included the original complaint word for word right before a description of the behavior towards the end of the call. It should be pretty clear that this is a habit.

Comment

Shame on you for not making time go faster. She is the customer after all, you should violate the immutable laws of physics for her.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
              Shame on you for not making time go faster. She is the customer after all, you should violate the immutable laws of physics for her.
              Or give her a 75% discount to make up for the "inconvenience."
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X