This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's NOT a stain!

Had a lady drop a skirt off in our dry cleaning section on Saturday. Because of the way our service works, she dropped off late on Saturday night, meaning the skirt will be ready Wednesday evening. She was served by my fab part time (FPT) staff member who is never rude but has a knack of saying exactly what she means and getting away with it. She also never rises to a SC's ranting.

Anyhow, we were both in the back of the shop area, me printing photos, and FPT preparing dry cleaning orders. It had been busy so we had quite a bit to do. Both of us able to see the whole of the front counter and both of us visible from the customers point of view.

FPT saw this lady approach the counter and went out to greet her. And was met with "I've been out here 20 minutes waiting for you!"
    Erm, ok...sure you have. But FPT said "Really? Felt like 20 seconds to me but I'm sosorry to have kept you waiting. How can I help"

SC: "Skirt."
    FPT: "So it is. For dry cleaning? Back on Wednesday evening for you, around 5pm."
    SC: "Fine. Whatever."

The skirt in question was brown checked. Rather like a tweed. This is important...

FPT: "Can I take your surname please?"
    SC: "What the HELL do you want that for? You'll use it to SEND me stuff I don't want. I just want this cleaned. Surely that's not too difficult for even you."
    FPT: "Purely so we know which is your skirt. It's ok if I'm here, because I WILL remember you. But if I'm not here then no-one will know which skirt is yours.
    SC: <heavy sigh, roll of the eyes> XXXXX. That's X. X. X. X. X.
    <OK, we're in Wales. Her name is the most common Welsh surname you can think of. We have no hope of finding her to send her stuff >
    FPT: "No problem. And is it ok to take a phone number for you? It's ok if you say no and..."
    SC: "You've already got my name against my will! No phone number! No! You'll use it against me!"
    FPT: "O...K... That's no problem. I'll just check this over and do your ticket."

So FPT does our usual checks in front of the customer. People like to try to get new clothes out of us by claiming things have gone wrong in cleaning, so we go through the garments with a fine tooth comb in front of them. So FPT checked the hems were in place, the zip worked, the button was there, and then came across a large white mark on the front of the skirt, about 4 inches long and an inch wide. It looked like bleach had been used or dropped down it.

FPT: "I've noticed a white stain just here. Do you know what it is?"
    Uh-oh. Bad move.

SC: practically spitting and shaking with pure rage. "THAT. IS. NOT. A. STAIN. How DARE you say I have a stain on this skirt! How DARE you! Don't you know anything? That is not a stain.

THAT is where I have cleaned the skirt to show you what colour it should be. And the colour I expect it to be when it comes back"

That's right, the skirt should be WHITE with a light brown check pattern on it. And not a dark brown tweed.

At that point FPT decided to finish up as quickly as possible, just in case the skirt started to eat through the counter

She's due to come in to collect tonight....

discount

Yep, it looks like she is setting up to claim for a discount
    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Linda View Post
      SC: practically spitting and shaking with pure rage. "THAT. IS. NOT. A. STAIN. How DARE you say I have a stain on this skirt! How DARE you! Don't you know anything? That is not a stain.

THAT is where I have cleaned the skirt to show you what colour it should be. And the colour I expect it to be when it comes back"

:
      Then was all the dark brown the skirt's winter coat?
      Manipulating others since 1979.

Not all who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Imagining how many times she wore the skirt since the last time she had it cleaned or how would it get so dirty.

...erm

...nevermind.

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

It's people like her that started me keeping a digital camera around at all times.

CYA

M
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Wow, she's going to have high blood pressure problems!
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

*does the icky dance*

Ew ew ew ew ew!
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I'm speechless....(for once)
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Linda View Post
                  She's due to come in to collect tonight....
                  I can't wait to hear the rest. Did the skirt get cleaned? What color was it after it was cleaned? I'd wager she'll say it was ruined by cleaning!
                  Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

I remember working for a dry cleaner, people bring the the most rank items that haven't been cleaned for years. You would put them in the machine and they would be black and when you took them out they would be light blue or something. Very scary.

Comment

I find that to be quite disturbing.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

WAIT. Wait wait wait wait. Time out. You guys are missing the big picture here.

Quoth Linda View Post

...how dare they say she has a stain on the skirt WHEN THE ENTIRE THING IS ONE BIG MASSIVE FUNK???
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Oh I have *got* to hear the outcome of this one.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                          ~Clerks

Comment

Hmmm, **stain on a dress** , was the customer's name Monica Lewinsky?

Comment

Wouldn't Monica's be a crusty stain?
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                              X