This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of...

There was a comment last time asking about mac tech support- I do have a story about this one. This is, by the way, a variation on a theme. I've personally taken two such calls, I've heard of many more. This is the first call, since I knew what was going on in the second one.

::Note:: SC stands for "slow customer" since this lady wasn't all that sucky

ME: (opening pleasantries) and what's the problem today?

SC: Well, I can't get my iMac to turn on- it keeps showing a blank screen.

ME: Ok. We like to start with the basics, just to cover the bases. Have you plugged it in?

SC: No need, I've installed the battery.

ME: The... battery?

SC: Yeah, the battery. It shows you how to in the instruction book.

ME: Ok, so just so we're talking about the same thing- this is a battery that came packaged with the system...

SC: Right. And it's installed, charged, everything.

ME: Ok, hold one second please... *searches, has one of those moments of crushing reality I've come to expect from searches while dealing with customers*

ME: Ahhh I see your problem sir. What you've installed is the CLOCK battery. You'll still need to plug in your machine. There should be a chord included in the packagin.

SC: Oh, right. Bye!
    "Sir, I'm afraid that our warranty does not cover hauntings"

Quoth Bacter View Post
    . There should be a chord included in the packagin.
    Is this the same chord that makes the pretty music when you boot the computer?

Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
    X