This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splat!

This happened today. Just as my sign was going up, this woman was running like the clappers to try and get to my till before I could close. A bottle of pasta sauce fell out of her hands and hit the floor, causing a huge red streak right up the floor.

And no, I didn't serve her so her running was all in vain.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Bonus points if somebody else had to clean it up!
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

The store cleaner had to. I pitied him muchly. ^^ But at least it wasn't me.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Speaking of breaking things, I broke a glass in a pub a couple of weeks ago - though I have no idea how it happened. It had a piece of lemon in it wedged up against both sides; and all I did was nudge another adjacent glass into it. It SHATTERED!!!!!

*confused*
        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
          Speaking of breaking things, I broke a glass in a pub a couple of weeks ago - though I have no idea how it happened. It had a piece of lemon in it wedged up against both sides; and all I did was nudge another adjacent glass into it. It SHATTERED!!!!!

*confused*
          I'd wager it already had a crack or weak spot in it...you probably hit it just right...or wrong, as the case may be...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm surprised she didn't get all indignant and start screaming "LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO I DEMAND A REFUND I'M NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN I'M GONNA GET YOUR ASS FIRED!!!"
            The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
              *confused*
              Did the lemon wedge sing Opera?
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Lace, did the woman threaten to tell your manager that you refused to serve her or did she threaten your job like most other SCs?

Oh and the biggest question here.......what are the clappers? I know what "the clap" is (hahaha, it's what happened when my great uncle decided to spend the night with a Vietnamese prostitute in his military days).........but what are the clappers?
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Insomniac in Britland to the rescue!

Running like the clappers is running at your fastest. Has its origins when a bell was tolled to announce the start of a work day.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...sages/836.html says specifically at Chatham Dockyard.
                  ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    Lace, did the woman threaten to tell your manager that you refused to serve her or did she threaten your job like most other SCs?
                    She did stand there arguing with me about my necessity to close and go home, but no threats about having my job. Good thing, as I don't think she'd like it, anyway. XD
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ok, I can't hold it in anymore......

I ran like the clappers because I was excited to get to do some heavy snogging with my boyfriend, but I really had to go to the Loo and on the way, I was ran over by a lorry.

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Now you're getting it.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                          Running like the clappers is running at your fastest. Has its origins when a bell was tolled to announce the start of a work day.
                          Cool. I learned something new today. Rock on.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                            Ok, I can't hold it in anymore......

I ran like the clappers because I was excited to get to do some heavy snogging with my boyfriend, but I really had to go to the Loo and on the way, I was ran over by a lorry.

If it was dark and there were no lights you could be holding a torch, too.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              If it was dark and there were no lights you could be holding a torch, too.
                              Bollocks, ye sodding bunch of wankers. :P
                              <runs and hides>
                              Last edited by skeptic53; 04-06-2007, 04:48 AM.
                              Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                              TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X