Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Phenomenal display of abject stupidity...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Phenomenal display of abject stupidity...

Woman wanted to return a parking pass.... (standard procedure is to send them in an envelope through internal mail). So she drives down here, and phones me. I said "Well, you need to speak to" and she breaks in and says "Scott P., I know! So where is he?" ... er.. well, I can give you his phone number. "What? You're not going to let me in to see him?" Is he expecting you? "No...." Then I can't let you in

SO I gave her the number and she hangs up. Thirty seconds later, she phones back. "That's not Scott P's number!" er.... yes it is. "No, it isn't! A woman's voicemail picked up." ?? no, that's definitely Scott's number, so I repeated the number for her again, and she said "yeah, that's what I dialed. You're reception, so what are you gonna do to help me?" (urg) Well, I'm not actually reception, that's just for receiving parcels (receiving, reception, get it?). I've never met Scott, and he works all the way at the other end of the building, so I don't even know if he's in. "WHAT??? I drove all the way down here, JUST to be nice to return a parking pass, and you're not going to let me in, and you won't even tell me if Scott is HERE???? What the hell kind of receptionist are you?" First off, I'm NOT the receptionist, so let's just stop assuming that right now. I'll phone Scott's number myself to see what's going on, and if he's not in, I'll phone one of the people who works near his desk.

So I hang up with her and phone Scott's number... yes, it's a woman's voice onthe voicemail. The automated system's female voice. Which says "You have reached the voice mailbox for...." and then Scott's voice saying, "Scott P.".... please tell me this woman wasn't stupid enough to hang up just because the AUTOMATED SYSTEM's foice is female?

But it gets better

I decided to be a nice person, and EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT the receptionist, I went down to get the parking pass from her, and I would put it in Scott's office myself (never met the man, but I know where he sits). So I go to the door, and the "lady" says "Are you the bitch who keeps giving me the runaround?" At this point, I'm tempted to just tell the woman "No, I'm the bitch who was about to help you out, but now I'll just go back to my desk, thanks."... but being a temp, there is the ever-present possibility of being fired or let go, so I said "I'll take the parking pass and give it to Scott for you, ma'am."

So then she gets this look on her face like she just sucked something shriveled and sour, and says, "you're not a very good receptionist if you can't even get people's phone numbers right... I called Line R. four times".... Wait a sec. Line? Were you calling xxx-xxxx? She says yes... I said okay, dial it for me. So she dials something TOTALLY DIFFERENT and hands me the phone. Sure enough, that's Line's voicemail, but that's NOT the number I've given you FOUR TIMES now. That's not even remotely similar!

I just shook my head and walked back into the building. I'm still entirely in awe of this woman's complete inability to a) follow procedure, b) dial a phone number as it's given to her, and c) be a decent human being...
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Quoth tollbaby View Post
    So I go to the door, and the "lady" says "Are you the bitch who keeps giving me the runaround?" At this point, I'm tempted to just tell the woman "No, I'm the bitch who was about to help you out, but now I'll just go back to my desk, thanks."... but being a temp, there is the ever-present possibility of being fired or let go, so I said "I'll take the parking pass and give it to Scott for you, ma'am."

I don't care if my job offers me 1000$ a week with diamond encrusted apron, if any customer EVER calls me a bitch, I will dispatch their bodies with my mind and make jewelry out of their testines! Yes I said testines. Once they're out they're not INtestines anymore.

Seriously, random violence aside, customers that call me names lose any chance of getting served. I would have just looked at her and turned away. The pressure from management to be all nice and rainbowy and smiles makes us encourage this kind of behavior, but there's a limit to what I'll take from an idiot.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

If I was an employee of the government department I'm working for, I'd chance it. But I work for a temp agency, and as such, anything that I do badly or rudely here on my contract reflects badly on my temp agency, and I want them to continue finding me jobs and such (plus, they're a nice bunch of people). I simply spread the story around to EVERYBODY here, and now they're all laughing at her (especially Scott, who was sitting at his desk the whole time, and got the story when I handed him the parking pass LOL)

Much better to get a laugh out of it than to spend the day trying to get my adrenalin and blood pressure levels back under control
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
        if any customer EVER calls me a bitch, I will dispatch their bodies with my mind and make jewelry out of their testines! Yes I said testines. Once they're out they're not INtestines anymore.
        OUT-testines then?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hey, well at least you got to meet Scott P. then!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X