This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth angelicafire View Post
    Should we get back to the topic of crazy gas station customers?
    I'm crazy, just ask Scaly Bard. He'll tell you. I've been to gas stations, but not recently... and, uh... I like having stuff done custom?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth ladylabyrinth View Post
      Weeeellll...

When you think about it, all of the previously mentioned items could just as easily be used to subdue and punish rampant SC's, so I think we can view it both ways, yes?
      Go both ways, you say? รด.0

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Good thing I don't go both ways. I'm just going to leave it at that.

For the record, this is the most fun I've ever had on here. Way to help a girl make it through a Friday at work!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Go both ways, you say? รด.0

^-.-^
          Can I take the 5th on that?

Quoth Juwl View Post
          I like having stuff done custom?

real-ly.

... No, no! Bad Lady!

I will behave myself on the forums.
          I will behave myself... I'm not fooling anyone, am I.

*ahem* let's get back to the crazy gas station/convenience store customers!

Seriously, back on topic (let's see how long that lasts) the one that bugs me the most is the guy walking through the freshly mopped part of the floor. Deliberate malice just boggles mah widdle mind. I mean, really, are you that full of self-loathing that you get your jollies by screwing up someone else's work? If you're that unhappy with yourself, you should really consider professional help. Please, if you don't get help at Charter, get help somewhere.
          There is a slight flaw in my character.

Comment

Okay, I admit it, I've had to do the whole 'buy a stick of gum with a twenty' thing before. Usually, it'll mean the person will later on be dealing with some form of vending machine, and needs smaller bills/spare change. Since most ATMs deal only in twenties (aka, "Yuppie Food Stamps"), you end up needing to break the bill someplace--but since you only took out as much as you actually needed, you don't want to spend 5 bucks while getting change.

OTOH, a lot of stores DO ban 50s and 100s, and that's a lot more fair. When I worked at a gas station, we could only take a hundred if the bill was going to be over $80.

Comment

Quoth ladylabyrinth View Post
              real-ly.

... No, no! Bad Lady!

I will behave myself... I'm not fooling anyone, am I.
              Really.
              Why bother behaving? You know no one else does. Take a look at Mike (I think it's Mike who does it)... his mind's constantly in the gutter. Nobody cares. We comment on it, but we don't care.

Why? What'd you have in mind?
              Last edited by Imogene; 04-07-2007, 02:34 AM. Reason: Tagging
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Freemage View Post
                Since most ATMs deal only in twenties (aka, "Yuppie Food Stamps"),
                My bank is kinda funny about that. At the branches, the drive-up ATMs give only $20s, but if you use the one inside the lobby, you get $20s, $5s, and $1s, but your withdrawl has to be in $5 increments.

Comment

Reminds me of an incident it a store I worked that sold Hallmark cards, ceramics, magazines & newspapers. A man came in as soon as I unlocked the front door and tried to buy a $0.50 newspaper with a $100.00 bill.

me: "Sir, I don't even have that much in the register."
                  SC: "It's legal tender. You have to honor it."
                  me: "Sir, It's not that we're not honoring it, we just don't have that much money first thing in the morning on a Sunday. There's a Giant grocery store next door, maybe they can break $100.00, we can't. "

That went on for a while. Had to get the supervisor out of the back [where she was enjoying her coffee, donuts and romance novel... 'nother story].
                  Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Yes, but if we use handcuffs and crops and lassos on the SCs, then what will that leave for the people we like??? Oh, right- violet wands and fire... (You all have touched on a hidden area of expertise that I usually subdue in polite company. As opposed to subduing the polite company. Eh heh. Right. Moving on.)
                    Haikus are easy
                    But sometimes they don't make sense
                    Refrigerator

Comment

Working...
                    X