This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartless SC's

When I was an operator for Bellsouth, there were always different charges billed depending on what the customers requested. If a customer calls and asks for operator assistance, it costs more money. Therefore, many customers will opt not to do this, or they will suddenly tell the operator that they are having problems dialing the call. OK, no problem.

What used to irk me was when Bellsouth introduced a new fee on calls billed to another number, or collect calls. When this started, we were required to say "This call will cost an extra $1.50 if I dial it for you." Disclosure was there, but the reply was always "All right!" or "That's OK, I'm not paying for it anyway." Later on, being calls were repetitive, meaning the same people over and over again, it got to where these people would say, "I know! I know! I'm sick of hearing that every time I have a call placed for me." Yet, these same people have a problem with it when it's them being billed for the call.

I pretty much pay for my own calls, and have never placed a collect call, unless it was an extreme emergency. Thank goodness we have cellular phones, but scum like this probably don't. Why should they? If they are into foisting charges onto other people, then stating they really don't care about the cost, then they most likely are not paying a monthly charge for their own phone.
Working...
X