This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Acolyte View Post
    On the other hand, I'm kinda glad he got some sense knocked into him hard.
    *blinks, rereads that*
    Damnit, I could've sworn that said, "It's good someone knocked him up hard."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Is it just me, or is the "grill" one of the stupidest and most retarded fashion statements ever?

^-.-^
      Oh, it's one of them, but my vote is for tights with huge codpieces. For those of you who don't know, those are male "falsies".

For more recent bad fashion, the entire flapper look was atrocious.

Sad that we still haven't learned how stupid fashion is.

Comment

*Shakes head* I would so very, very much like to drop one of these whitebreads back in my old high school--85% black, 10% white, the rest "other". A few of the white kids actually melded without being self-parodies. The rest of us learned to NOT try to emulate a culture we had nothing to do with.

Comment

We may not have street gangs here (somebody's tagging like they're in one though), and its mostly white and brown here.....but there's only one rivalry that puts me on edge.

Idiots wearing "Support your local red and white" shirts. Honestly, wearing Hell's Angels support shirts in an area dominated by Gypsy Jokers? I have yet to see a person wearing these shirts that even KNOW anyone in any MC, much less have ever been on a motorcycle.

All for the sake of coolness, I suppose. I'll just sit here and be myself, thanks.
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I'm just glad we didn't get that when I was in school. All the folks who stabbed me were white trash and proud, thank you.

On the other hand, I channeled "minimalist goth" for a little while when I was a senior...mostly black clothes and sunglasses indoors, that was pretty much it. And THAT was usually enough to get the other kids to veer off sharply and make the teachers nervous, so I can only imagine how they'd have reacted to gangbang back then.
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I indulged my inner goth for a few years in high school as well, but showed some fashion sense while doing so (that's more than I could say for the majority of the wannabe gothlings then and now). The gangbangers I'd see trolling the mall in ABQ (and the wiggers I see around here now) amused me greatly.

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
              Sad that we still haven't learned how stupid fashion is.
              I have, and so never went along with any fashion trends (and still don't, except now i get complained at by my mom sometimes because of it). If I find something I like that looks good on me (based on another human's observation) that's a few years out of date, I'll wear it.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm not big on fashion, the only two I ever did in high school was the Benetton shirt and the Miami Vice outfit, except I never liked the white pants, so I wore jeans instead.

Comment

The bit in the original post about the kid not wearing a coat reminded me that, when I worked at the movie theater, we would get craploads of kids coming in in the winter with their coats open, a coat that was too light for the weather, or no coat at all. What always amused me about this was that, almost without fail, most of those kids, especially the girls, would be shivering and complaining about how cold they were.

Now, if you don't want to wear a coat in winter, or wear too light a coat, fine. But, if you choose to do so, you have given up the right to complain about how cold you are!!!!!
                  Last edited by hecubus; 04-08-2007, 12:34 AM. Reason: correct typos

Comment

Oh wow! I was born in December, all these years i've been wasting money on coats. How foolish of me

Comment

There's a word for these flocks of fashion victims...

Sheeple.

Can you say, "Baaa?"

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X