This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware the Killer Car Trunk!!!

Wow! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I just had to share this. I had a lady call in today who had a Ford Taurus. Now, these cars come with their own wide range of problems but this was a new one.

The players in this horrible game I call my job.
    SC=Victim of Car on Family assault
    Me=Me
    ------------------------------------------------

SC: The trunk is messed up on this car!

Me: Will it not latch?

SC: No! It won't stay open!

Me: It won't open?

SC: NO! It won't stay open. It keeps hitting people in the head. It hit my auntie, my son, me, my grandma, (pretty much the whole family)

Me: *Trying to hold back laughter as I imagine a trunk lid attacking family members at will and with no regard for human life and decency*I'm sorry ma'am for the inconvienience.

SC: Well now we have to have someone hold it open to move luggage around. My 14 year son was hit in the head, my auntie, (continues to list family members attacked by trunk)

Me: The best I can offer is an exchange at a location or speak with the manager on return.

SC: I'll just talk to the manager. Thank you.

It was short and sweet, but wow. How many times does someone have to be hit in the head before the realize that it's not holding itself up.
    Last edited by roadside; 04-07-2007, 03:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
    I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

Quoth roadside View Post
    How many times does someone have to be hit in the head before the realize that it's not holding itself up.
    Granny + auntie + son + caller = 4 = collective IQ of the family
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

ā€œIā€™m in the middle of nowhere with a killer truck on my ass!ā€

Sorry, your thread line just put that into my head.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        “I’m in the middle of nowhere with a killer truck on my ass!”

PLEASE EDIT QUOTES
        Does it say dodge or ram?
        Last edited by Ree; 04-08-2007, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Have these people not heard of a stick to prop the lid up?

Comment

Trust me, no one that calls will ever do an easy fix. I've had a marine call in with a flat tire......on a military base.....he didn't have our coverage so he was going to have to pay to have someone come out and change it. He still wouldn't change it. He paid the $50-ish for someone to come out.
            I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
              Have these people not heard of a stick to prop the lid up?
              Sounds vaguely like the time I was with my friend, picking up another friend from work, and friend 1 needed to refill his car's... um... oil? Steering fluid? I forget what.
              But, friend 1 sticks his head under the hood for about five minutes, just kinda staring at the engine block. Comes back over to his open window, and says, "Crap, I don't have a funnel to pour the stuff in..."
              Now, I got out of the car and stuck my head under the hood. "Well, could you pour it really carefully? And maybe it'll just hit the opening?"
              "Tried that..."
              "Hmmm..." I think on it a few seconds, then get a bright idea. "Do you have a piece of paper?"
              "What for?"
              "Calculus!... No! No! Better idea, you roll it up into a funnel! No! Calculus!"
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Reminds me of a call I had when I worked for a dinnerware company...

Caller: I need to speak to a supervisor.
                Me: Sure. Would you mind giving me a few details before I transfer you?
                Caller: We bought silverware from your company. Every time we use the forks we cut the inside of our mouths.

I didn't want to hear any more... I rang up the supervisor...

Me: I have a woman who wants to talk to you.
                Supervisor: What's the issue?
                Me: I'd rather you heard it from her.
                Supervisor: Uh... okay.
                Me: But if she invites you over for dinner, just say no. Trust me on this.
                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that a marine couldn't change his own tire. Even little 4' 11" of me knows how to do that. Now whether or not I'm physically strong enough to unscrew the bolt things that hold the tire in place is one thing - but I know what to do.

Sheez.
                  If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

My trunk tends to close when you put it up. If you haven't opened my trunk before, you don't see it coming. I've learned to just hold onto it with one hand while I get stuff out with the other hand.

As for the changing of a tire, I really think everyone should learn how to do it. I've known how to do it since I was 10. It's come in handy a few times.
                    Last edited by Greenday; 04-08-2007, 04:39 AM.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post

As for the changing of a tire, I really think everyone should learn how to do it. I've known how to do it since I was 10. It's come in handy a few times.

Me too. I know how to change tires, from watching my grandfather and father change them. The last time I had a flat, I had one hell of a time, because one of the bolts could not be loosen by hand
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

As far as the trunk falling down, if it is a hatchback with the little hydrollic arms you can always use a pair of vice grips to keep it from falling down. I used to use these on my old Eclipse and it worked great. Cheaper and easier then shelling out a couple of hundred bucks to get it fixed.

Vice Grips (if you didn't know) VVVV

My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Ah, Vice Grips. My favorite fix it, beat-it-til-it-dies, tool-of-many-uses. No toolbox or glove compartment is complete without a pair or two

I've had a trunk lid come down on my head...and it's pretty painful. I'd just parked the old Tercel, and was getting something out of the trunk. Apparently, I didn't have the trunk lid up all the way--the wind blew it down...and the latch hit my head I literally saw stars, and it hurt like hell!
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
                            whether or not I'm physically strong enough to unscrew the bolt things that hold the tire in place is one thing
                            Going somewhat

I'm a lot stronger than I look, but I even have trouble getting the damn things unscrewed. A lot of places use a machine to tighten them, which sometimes leaves them too tight for a human to loosen.

If I can't get the bolts to turn, I simply place the tire iron on it so that the handle sticks out parallel to the ground, and then put my feet on it so that my entire body weight is pushing down on the thing. So far, that method has not failed me.

Of course, I think I was about 20 lbs lighter the last time I had to do that...
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I know how to change a tyre but when I came time to actually change one I couldn't get the bolts undone. Thankfully the nice NRMA man came and did it for me. I knew there was a reason I have road side assistance. I did apolgise for making him come out in the rain to change it for me since I'm a weakling girlie.

Comment

Working...
                              X