Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't need to know that (what soap is used for)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't need to know that (what soap is used for)

Now, this customer wasn't sucky, just somewhat...talkative. I've condensed the conversation to the relevant bits.

TC: Is this soap any good?
    Me: I don't know. Looks good.
    TC: I'm buying it for my mother.
    Me: That's nice.
    TC: She uses it to <lowers voice> wash her privates.
    Me: Oh. <thinking: I didn't need to know that!>

I mean, really, what would possess a person to blurt out something like that? Honestly! Sure, maybe she wanted to make sure it was gentle enough, but just asking if it was gentle without mentioning what it would be used for would be fine with me.

I agree...a simple "she has sensitive skin" would probably suffice... :shudder:
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Why would they feel the need to reveal that to you?
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Maybe she has an honest face or something . . . who knows why people feel the need to blurt out TMI to a total stranger

That's right up there in my book with customers who air out their family's dirty laundry to the employees at the neighborhood grocery store.

Sorry, but I did not need to know that in a year's time you lost your husband, you found out your father molested your child for years and your brother died. Some things are just meant to be kept, you know, private?
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I think I would've said, "very sensitive skin" as well. I'm guessing that you're right in the assumption that she wanted to ensure she wasn't getting too harsh of a soap. I'd have pointed her to either the Glycerine soaps or the ones made especially for that.

I've had two people in the last two days tell me that they have the runs. Now, that's definately something I didn't need to know. I'd understand if I worked in a pharmacy and they were asking me for medicine.
          But I don't.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

I've had a women tell me they need to go to the loo even though the seatbelts signs are on as they have upset stomachs or need to change their tampons...
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I would go with a Neutrogena product, as endorsed by Lowell Thurber of The Onion.

I would not, however, tell the clerk at the store that was what the Neutrogena soap was going to be used for. Some people just don't censor properly before they speak.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X