Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've already told you. We do not handle that here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've already told you. We do not handle that here.

How many times have you had that customer, or more than one, that has to do everything possible to get something that you cannot help them with? In the internet department, I get numerous calls every day from people wanting to talk about their phone service and flat out refuse to speak to someone else. In the time it takes to transfer that customer to the correct person and have it explained to them, we have wasted their "valuable time" arguing with them that the internet department does not handle phone service.

When I worked in phone repair on Saturdays, the customer service center and collections department were closed. Yet, people would call our line as a last hope to get what they wanted, such as those who knew they would not have any service on Monday morning because they forgot to pay their bill. Or, those who needed right now to discuss their high bill and called repair because it's the only place that has people to talk to.

Call it the "dumping grounds"!

'Good morning, thank you for calling Bookstore, how may I help you?'
    'Hi. I'd like to make a reservation tonight at 7. There will be 5 people. The name is Smith.'
    'Sure, just let me put you on hold and transfer you to the restaurant.'
    'Excuse me!!?!?!? I'd like to make a reservation for tonight, NOW!'
    'Yes, just let me transfer you...'
    'WHY CAN'T YOU TAKE A RESERVATION!?!?'
    'Well, sir, that's because you called the bookstore.'
    'Oh...'
    Please hold.'

Comment

SC: I need to cash the points off my card. And I don't really understand the point system can you explain it to me? When do I get my free t-shirt?

Me: You need to go to the players club to have that done. I have no way of finding out whats on your card and I we're not allowed to have cards so I don't know how they work.

SC: You should, you work here.

Me: In a different department... (I wish I could say that)

Or better yet...

SC: I waited thirty-five mins at my machine for change! Is this the ONLY place to get change?

Me: You can put money in the ticket redemption machine and get change, there are people in ___ color shirts who can also give you change and unfortunately we are the only cage.

SC: I think its crap that I have to get up to get change!

Me: Heaven forbid you have to get off your ass, eh? (Again, wishful thinking)

Now, I am stuck in the cage, I don't walk around and give change. They blame me like its my fault that I'm not out there.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
        Now, I am stuck in the cage, I don't walk around and give change. They blame me like its my fault that I'm not out there.
        That's, like, the epitome of SC-dom. Blaming you for you being in a cage.
        Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

Working...
        X