This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exit only

Not necessarily a customer but a lazy person...

Anyone ever lived in a gated apartment complex will know what I am talking about. There is a entrance gate and a exit gate...both of them have sensors that open when a car pulls up close when they are closing...Now you got these lazy people that hold up a whole lane of cars on the road while waiting for a car to leave the exit gate. Reporting this to management would do little good but is really annoying to me...am I just the only one that notices this?
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

My complex took extreme measures for that one. They put those spikes up as to where if you back up your tires are shredded. Thus making it impossible for jerks like that to go in the out.

And to get into our gate, we have a key. The only thing that pisses me off about that is I paid like almost eighty dollars for the gate key and some of the residents wait until I go in and they follow me. Why should I pay that much if they get in for free!?

Comment

You have to pay for a gate key? Thats sort of outrageous.

Edit: Lets add that to the effect of morons that exit through the entrance..obviously people do not know how to read.
      Last edited by XXDarrienX; 04-09-2007, 07:52 PM.
      Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
        ....... And to get into our gate, we have a key. The only thing that pisses me off about that is I paid like almost eighty dollars for the gate key and some of the residents wait until I go in and they follow me.
        Next time someone is going to do that to you, just open the gate as usual and then enter and stop just as you clear the gate, pretend you are looking for something until the gate closes then continue on your way.

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
          My complex took extreme measures for that one. They put those spikes up as to where if you back up your tires are shredded.
          Wow. I wanna know - have you ever seen anyone whining and cursing because their tires were shredded to bits?
          Last edited by kerrisan; 04-10-2007, 01:14 PM.
          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Am I the only one who had a double take at the thread title??
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Nah, you weren't.
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Something like the Bus Lane Avengers Needed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34Pg9kI8lw
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                  Am I the only one who had a double take at the thread title??
                  Glad to know I'm not the only corrupt mind on board

My place solved this problem by building it as a single laneway. Nobody is coming through the exit without going through the exiting car.

Anakah, that's bs that you had to pay such a high price for the key but I know the situation. Bend over and take it, or completely lose access, not much chance of a winning situation there. I'd take marlo's advice and just stop until the gate closes. If someone doesn't like it... screw em. Tell them to get their own damn key.

That's one thing I like about my place, only one car can get through the entrance at a time, it closes instantly after the car passes through.
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                  Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

I've lived in my complex for a little over a year and a half now. I've never seen the gates down, not even once. They only just installed the intercoms and door buzzers they'd been talking about since I moved in, and I already hate them.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I hate when I see that someone is following right in, without using their key/card/ access code.

When I get my own apartment complex, I will have the spikes at the exit, so now can go in the wrong way.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Problem is the gates stay open for awhile. They have a sensor on them so that they'll stay open until all cars are through. There is a "security" guard there but they just sit there and let everybody go through anyway.

I saw someone go out the entrance once. That was weird. They waited until I came in and went out. I think they couldn't figure out that the exit has sensors on it to tell when a car approaches.

Yeah, the key costs a lot yet I seem to be the only one who pays for it. Makes me angry but there's nothing I can do about it. The pool key costs almost that amount. I chose not to get one. Too expensive.

I guess they want us to feel "safe" with the device and the wanna be guards. Doesn't because my friend got robbed. But its the less ghetto of all the places to be out here and I'm stuck.
                        Last edited by Anakah; 04-10-2007, 11:39 AM. Reason: It went before I finished my sentence

Comment

Working...
                        X