This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved by the obscenity!

I was talking to a real piece of work just a moment ago. He was mad that we were back billing him due to a dead meter. It sucks, I know, but these people never complain about 8 dollar bills, but they complain about having to pay one big bill, and it's always the same excuse: "I shouldn't have to pay for your mistakes."

Oh guess what, you do!

Anyhow, I understand his problem, and I attempted to tell him several times over that we were willing to work with him and break up that bill (pretty darned generous if you ask me) and he starts swearing, just throwing around obscenities like they were candy on Halloween, I warn him to stop, and he stops for a while.

He continues telling me that he refuses to pay the bill, it's not legal, he's calling attourney, he works for a gas company and that's not how it works, his last company did this and now they're bankrupt, etc. etc. etc.

I glance at the clock, time for my break. I'm getting pretty irate, since he has to throw in a person jab regarding me every know and then, completely uncalled for. Things are getting bad, and I'm about to explode. So I simply tell him: "Sir, you can dispute this, and I will pass it on, but I have to warn you the bill stands for now, and you are in threat of disconnection"

So he replies with a "Well I'll switch to propane ASSHOLE!"

AHA! The break I was looking for!

So I let him know he spouted one obscenity too many, and he was being disconnected, his final words were:

"If you disconnect me I'll!..."

I'll never get to know what he said, and I got to go on break. Hoorah!
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Did he think you meant disconnect the phone call or disconnect his service? Cuz frankly he deserves both
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

From the way this sounds he'll probably getting his service disconnected sooner or later.
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Well...he certainly hasn't been our best customer, whether he's disputing the bill or not. Oddly enough, he won't pay his bill, but he sure will "call is attorney" because they're certainly affordable...
        Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Working...
        X