This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you get

If you cross a wontreadian with a mustclickian?

Hybrids are such fun.

Comment

I'll see your Atari, and raise you an Amstrad 2000 and an Apricot.

Comment

I'll See your Atari and raise you some real live punch card IBM Job Cards, a JCL deck and a 029 keypunch machine punch card format card. and I will throw in some Apple][+ stuff as well. Oh and I will add in a 9-track tape from an HP-2000 machine, the Trek and ADVENT games (written in BASIC) program printout for said machine.
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 10-12-2013, 06:24 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Regarding the No8ians, there's only ONE valid reason to install XP on a computer - you need to use software or peripherals that won't support 98SE.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Sperry Univac 1616 Snap II Submarine Ballistics computer. Free to good home you pay the shipping
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

*tears of laughter*

I am very much looking forward to reading your next log entry!

I must admit, I'm one of the people that hates to upgrade to the new Windows and will drag their feet as long as possible. I always lose some feature that I like. Windows 7 took away my ability to play a certain game in windowed mode. But since I have other things to do besides obsess over it, unlike so many of our dear SCs, I simply shook my fist in the air, said 'DAMN YOU, WINDOWS 7!' and carried on living.

Comment

I've got four computers currently operational in my house: two laptops, and two desktopbottoms, two mine, and two my wife's.

My laptop runs XP Home; her laptop runs XP Pro (it came with XP Home, but when the hard drive crashed and I had to reload it, I only had an install disk for XP Pro, so that's what I used.) Her deskbottom was inherited from my work, so it's running Win7, but that's the only one in the house... my deskbottom, which I use every day, is running WinFLP. Basically does everything I need it to, except dial-up, and if I really need to dial in to something I've got three other choices.

Here at work, this very computer is running Server 2k3 SE; the rest of them XP, except for the one we use for ordering which was supplied by our supplier and was pre-loaded with Win7. (The cash registers are still running XP/SP2, can't be upgraded, and since they have no internet connectivity there's no point in any case.)

I'm not upgrading to win8, simply because not everything is a damn tablet.

Comment

Wow did this topic get derailed for a bit there, we need to get back to the matters at hand: talking about how sexy I am... well I'm waiting.
                  Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                  Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

*crickets*

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                      Wow did this topic get derailed for a bit there, we need to get back to the matters at hand: talking about how sexy I am... well I'm waiting.
                      Right. Weren't you the model they used in MCPOP?
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                        You're too sexy for this thread...too sexy for this thread...

I read your other threads too and the way you go into character for each one is pretty awesome. So I challenge you...your next post should be in Valley Girl Diary Style. Like, totally!

Comment

oh god, that could actually work but I don't know how well I can get into character for that. I already have ideas for a halloween one if I have enough stories by then.
                          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
                          X