This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ungrateful

Ever helped someone out and they are so annoyed that it was an easy solutio n that they hang up on you?

UL = Ungrateful lady
    Me = obvious

Me: Hello, thank you for calling "Large Cable Company" may I have the phone number for your account please?
    UL: Yes "gives phone number and other pertinent information"
    Me: Now Miss UL what can I do for you?
    UL: There are gray bars on all my channels.
    Me: Alright, I do apologize for that, hold a moment and let me check your equipment to find otu the possible cause.
    "few seconds later"
    Me: It is a small solution, the stretch screen feature on your converter needs to be turned on. Hit the pound key on your remote and it should resolve your issue.
    "five seconds pass"
    Me: Hello?

Well fine then, I fix your issue and even if was a small one you should have atleast been grateful. This is not verbatim but the gist of it is the same.
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

I got that all the time when I worked cable customer service. People called in irate, ready to scream and demand free stuff, and they were stopped dead in their tracks with "Pull up your TV's menu and change the imput source from 'antenna' to 'cable' "

Comment

It could be worse. You could have given them the simple solution and get yelled at for it.

M
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

She probably felt stupid for calling anyway. I used to love these type of calls, especially the ones who could not get a picture and discovered their cable converter or TV was not even plugged in.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          She probably felt stupid for calling anyway. I used to love these type of calls, especially the ones who could not get a picture and discovered their cable converter or TV was not even plugged in.
          To quote one of the Ferengi laws, stupidity is no excuse (yes, I'm a Trekker). Just because you don't know about somehting, whether it's hidden or not, and to stupididty or just uneducation, you should still take the time for a simple "thank you".

Honestly, whenever it's something this simple I'm relieved. My issue is fixed now, I don't have to wait for someone and I don't have to wait for equipment to get shipped in. That deserves a more energenic thank you since I know a lot of call center reps (who are pressed for average call time, call time quotas) will quickly get me off the phone either waiting for a repairman or someone else. In fact, I've been known to ask for their name then to speak to their supervisor just to give them kudos (heck, I've expected to spent 30 minutes on the phone, I still have 20 minutes left, I should use them!).
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Ungrateful people piss me off to no end. I just about always say "thank you" to everyone who does even the slightest thing for me, whether it be providing me some sort of service (not THAT type of service) or holding a door open for me.

I lost a lot of hope for humanity after one particular instance of ungrateful people that had the immediate potential of getting me in a lot of legal trouble (I coulda easily gone to jail, no doubt). But that's not customer service related.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
              Ungrateful people piss me off to no end. I just about always say "thank you" to everyone who does even the slightest thing for me, whether it be providing me some sort of service (not THAT type of service) or holding a door open for me.

I lost a lot of hope for humanity after one particular instance of ungrateful people that had the immediate potential of getting me in a lot of legal trouble (I coulda easily gone to jail, no doubt). But that's not customer service related.

No kidding?! I think many of us would be interested in hearing that story.

Come down to my area, South Florida. I've gotten to where I no longer want to be courteous in traffic, such as when a customer needs to get in my lane to make a turn. I usually will wave them in, and they do nothing back. At least a wave of the hand would be nice for a "thank you" that I helped your ass out.

Comment

Come down to my area, South Florida. I've gotten to where I no longer want to be courteous in traffic, such as when a customer needs to get in my lane to make a turn. I usually will wave them in, and they do nothing back. At least a wave of the hand would be nice for a "thank you" that I helped your ass out.

They wave back, but it's usually with one finger...
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I think many of us would be interested in hearing that story.
                  Basic rundown, is that a couple kids (about 15 or 16) that were friends of my signifcant other at the time got "kicked out" of their houses. So I offered to help them out by getting them to a youth shelter or something. Things ended up getting really complicated and what should have been a two hour task, ended up being a two day ordeal. They ended up spending the night at my house, I fed 'em stuff and the ungrateful little brats ended up running off on me. Turns out I coulda got in a lot of trouble for not having called the police at the begining of the whole thing, especially since they weren't exactly kicked out of the house. Lots of very grey legal stuff there, all kinda complex and if stuff was persued I coulda been in trouble. For all my effort and putting my neck on the line, I never even got a simple thank you.

Turns out in the end they took a train to NYC and spent a couple weeks living on the street there. They then got tired of it and called one of the kid's aunt (which was what I was trying to get them to do when they ran off on me) after which one of them tried to kill himself. So if that situation ever crops up again, I'm just calling the state and letting them deal with it.

Comment

That's the scary part of the 21st century. You can be arrested for doing what you think is a good thing and a good deed. Any more, I would never allow children that are not mine into my residence, unless of course they are friends of my children. You just don't know what they'll do or say.

But, at least you have a heart of gold there.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                      I just about always say "thank you" to everyone who does even the slightest thing for me, whether it be providing me some sort of service (not THAT type of service) or holding a door open for me.
                      Why not? You should always say thank you to your partner. :P

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                        Why not? You should always say thank you to your partner. :P
                        *macho*

He/she should be thanking ME. They always do

Comment

I'm always nice to my service reps. (well, most of them, anyway... my phone service supplier is evil and I feel sort-of sorry for their reps, but they are always the ones calling me, not the other way around)

I've done the call in on something lame on my end before. I always let the rep know when what they suggest fixes the problem.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You should have been there about eight years ago when I tried to help this woman and her granddaughter, who were broke down in front of a mall. I carry around a set of jumper cables, so I decided to see if they needed a jump on their battery. I got there, polite as could be and asked if I could be of assistance. "Yes!" was the answer, but in a real harsh tone of voice. Then, when I went to hook the cable up, she asked how long this was going to take and why wouldn't I hurry it up. Gritting my teeth, I simply told her this was not something you can rush being you could blow your entire electrical system, let alone I could get shocked if I did this incorrectly. After a few minutes, I was able to get her car started. Did I get a "thank you" in return? Hell no! She just said, "Well, thank God someone cared enough to help me out." I told her, rudely, to have a nice day, grabbed my jumper cables without shutting her hood, got in my car and left. As I was leaving, I heard the car quit running, and in my rearview mirror I could see her waving her hands at me to come back. I just kept on driving, figuring she was at the mall anyway. Let her go find a phone and call someone.....wretched ungrateful bitch!

Comment

Working...
                            X