This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures on Hotel Front Desk

I have noticed there are quite a few hotel desk clerks on here now including myself so I thought I would leave a couple stories from last night that you guys might appreciate.

Story the first:

Most desk clerks will tell you that you deal with at least one drunk on a nightly basis. I had to deal with almost the entire hotel worth of drunks last night. It was crazy, I don't think I have ever seen so many drunk people in one place in my life (and this is in WI). Drunk lady comes up to the desk "do you have any matches?" I answered that we did not. 10 minutes later she comes back "do you have any matches?" again, I answered I did not. This happened about 10 more times, twice when I was trying to check in a guest (the same guest). Finally the last time the guest I was helping says "Lady, you have so much alcohol in your system just try breathing on them and they might just catch on fire." This guest totally made my night.

Story the Second:

Later in the evening, an older guest came in absolutely livid because a drunk girl was outside and she had taken off her shirt and bra as he and his family (including teenagers and younger kids) were coming back into the hotel. I immediately called security who went out to find her in the parking lot trying to light her bra on fire. Security came in just laughing his butt off and told me the story. Coincidentally the guest from the previous story was talking to me and overheard the story and asked "I wonder if that's the lady who was looking for matches." if you said yes...YOU WOULD BE RIGHT. Again...totally cracked me up and made my night.

It was a pretty good night overall. I had a lot of fun dealing with the drunks last night. No one was really mean or anything. They were just silly, loud, and doing some crazy stupid stuff.
    "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

At least she wasn't so drunk that she tried to light the bra on fire while wearing it.

Just imagine her waking up in the drunk tank, sans bra, and wondering why she got hit with a public indecency charge. If you're gonna do something stupid, make sure you're gonna remember it in the morning!
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

She honestly could have been hit with that charge and the security guard chose not to. ALL of our security guards are off duty police officers that work here as a part time job. Its awesome! We NEVER have to call the police. They are already here and if the need arises, they can arrest people and take them to jail!
      "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
        II don't think I have ever seen so many drunk people in one place in my life (and this is in WI). .
        You have obviously never been around for a Green and Gold home game have you????? Especially if they win. there are acres and acres and acres of drunks walking, driving, staggering, yelling, screaming, changing cloths (as in strip down almost nekkid and re-dress) in the middle of an intersection, wondering around in packs in the middle of the street, etc. Think 73,000 drunks swarming out after a game.

Not a pretty site. Tips can be NICE though.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
        X