This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammer owned

Well, this is a really crazy story with a happy ending.
    G: Girl

This girl wearing a pink sweater and jeans (important later) came to my co workers window and said:
    G: Okay, I have a crazy story...

Us: (That's never a good start....)

G: So I went to the gift shop and they couldn't run my card because of this (shows us a spot on the back of her card that looks like it's been scrapped off) and so they manually put it in and kept having troubles and had to get a merchant number or something.

CW: okay...

G: so, they couldn't get it and sent me up here for you guys to retrieve it.
    (its a busy Saturday night)

CW: uh unfortunately we're not the same company as the gift shop. There is no way for us to retrieve anything. Can I get your Card and your ID and I will go talk to my supervisor.

The girl had a pink armed services ID to which she was a spouse of a military person. (also important later) And a prepaid atm card.

SV came out with CW and they tried to run her card through our system. It declined.

SV: I think they must have put a hold on your card. You need to go speak with the
    manager at the gift shop.

All of us were on her side and saying how we can't believe the gift shop would do this, etc. I even told her that she needed to talk to the manager.

The story was true. The gift shop manager ended up getting change with us in the employee area and told us that her employees royally messed up on her and she somehow ended up not being charged and got away with $200 of free merchandise...

Now cue the next day...

Whenever we get fraud stuff we always take copies of the ID's and cards. Guess who's face I saw a copy of the next day on the supervisors desk? Miss pink sweater...

Apparently she had a fake credit card and was impersonating a military spouse! Guess who got arrested and taken to jail!? She had come in after swing shift was over, changed her clothes and slutted up. Apparently she went from the conservative pink sweater to short skirt and hooker boots. Dunno why she changed but maybe she thought she could slip past the guy who helped her?

She had given my CW a different credit card the first time and tried to use a different one later. The second one she presented was so fake a child could tell. The mastercard logo (when blacklighted) wasn't present and a buttload of other crazy things were missing or wrong.

So I was mad scammer girl got me to feel sorry for her but she got in a crapload of trouble for her fake stuff and trying to be military. She had ten priors! Guess who will be gone for a long time?!

Damn, I was hoping for a different kind of "happy ending".
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

I spent years around the military, and never once did I see a pink ID card. I'm pretty sure the military spouses have a tan one.

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
        I spent years around the military, and never once did I see a pink ID card. I'm pretty sure the military spouses have a tan one.
        It is tan. I've seen plenty of them. Active duty services members have a green one. Retirees, spouses, and other dependents (whether the member is active or retired) get a tan one.

But most people would miss this if they don't have family or friends who are actually IN the military.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

This use to be the ID cards issued to Military Tan- Spouse, Green- Active, Blue- Retiree, Pink- reservist.

Now this is active and reservist
          which started to change over in 2002.

I hold a blue retiree ID and when I was married to a member of the military had a pink one.

Scammers suck and sounds like this one needs to go away for a long time not that it would make a difference to most of them they get out and just go right back to what they were doing before.
          Lay your hands upon me
          Like an angel from above
          Put your arms around me,
          'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

My dependent card is sort of a salmony orangey pinkish color. I usually refer to it as feckless orange.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I don't remember my spouse ID card being any color except white. This was also 20 years ago so things will have changed a bit.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
              X