This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operators are not miracle workers

Me: Bellsouth operator, how may I help you?

SC: I need a phone number for......................

Me: I'm sorry, sir, but you need to call directory assistance at 4-1-1. We only assist with.......

SC: No, you are a Bellsouth operator and can get me the number I want without me having to pay for it.

Me: Sir, we do not provide that assistance, you will need to call.......

SC: You are going to get me my number and...........

Me: Sir.....

SC: not going to pay for what I want......

Me: Sir, if you could, sir........

SC: Sir, sir, sir, sir.....don't sir me!

SC: Hold for a supervisor, sir!

Upon connecting this guy to a supervisor, the sup call lasted about twenty minutes or so, with this guy complaining about God knows what. Afterward, I had to get covered because he filed a complaint about my behavior, stating his issue was that I (yes, me, not the company) was trying to make a buck or two off of him by referring him to directory assistance for a phone number that was not related to the company. If I recall, he wanted a number to a local newspaper, but felt I needed to give it to him because our building was located nearby this place. In addition to that, the complaint showed he was upset that he "wasted" twenty minutes of his valuable airtime on his cellular phone, making this complaint and demanded to be reimbursed for it. All this bastard had to do, if he did not want to waste his valuable airtime, nor wanted to pay to call 411 for the number he wanted, was take his lazy ass to his phone book, crack it open, and he would have found it. My supervisor, luckily, did not write me up and had also noted she told this customer where in the phone book to find his number.

The conversation I had with him lasted for under one minute, yet he had to spend twenty minutes or so complaining about a short conversation like this.
    Last edited by greensinestro; 04-12-2007, 04:02 PM.

I don't even know where to begin with this guy.
    He committed numerous cardinal sins, including:

a) Complaining about "wasting time" when in fact the only time that was wasted was a direct result of the complaining itself.
    b) Demanding a phone number of a place that is in close proximity geographically, which of course has nothing to do with the way the telephone system has been set up. (There have been a few good threads about this one.)
    c) Accusing some random, low ranking employee of personally profitting from the company's policies.

This guy is a CLASSIC.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
    X