This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait... you just did what?

Just a little background - I work in collections for business acounts for a phone company. Just like any other phone company, we'll cut off your phones if you get to a certain point in a past due status. For us, it's something like 75 days past due before you're cut off, which to me, is completely excessive. On to the call...

Me: The fantastic girl that I am
    SC: Yeah..

Me: Thank you for calling (XX), this is angelica, how can I-

SC: Why the $*()#A$&* is my phone off?!

Me: Well, it looks like it's due to non-payment. You see-

SC: I just *$()#$ paid on this bill a few days ago!!

Me: Actually, you paid a partial payment three weeks ago, and-

SC: Well why the *()#$ is my bill so high?!

(By the way, my biggest pet peeve is when someone cuts me off mid-sentence, so at this point, I'm steaming)

Me: Let's take a look. The standard price before tax on your plan is $XXX.XX. So everything looks in line-

SC: Well that CAN'T be right, I done paid everything on time!

Me: (So I lose it at this point) Actually, MA'AM, you've made four payments on your account. You've had seven bills since you've started service. In fact, one payment was only half of your bill. So seven minus four is three, so that would have you owing three months of service, so you would be two months past due.

SC: Well I'm just gonna call my husband and tell him to cancel then! Blah blah blah (Starts to rant about how much our company sucks for about 10 minutes and then hangs up)

So I felt pretty good for showing off my apparently spectacular math skills since I can understand this, and I check her account a little later today to see if she paid.

She did pay.

She also inquired about adding another line of service.

I seriously don't understand this. You just complained about how you can't afford what you have, why on earth would you willingly make your bill higher?

I think we should start a drinking game. Anytime we question a customer's motives, we take a shot. In that woman's case...I suggest two shots...one for each line. LOL
    "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

True, but at least the customers would seem to be smarter after we've had a few.
      "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Quoth IlovemyGeek View Post
        I think we should start a drinking game. Anytime we question a customer's motives, we take a shot. In that woman's case...I suggest two shots...one for each line. LOL
        Are you kidding? Not even an Irishman or a Russian could keep up with that kind of consumption.

Comment

Working...
        X