Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't stay in the store after a comment like this!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't stay in the store after a comment like this!!

Several months ago I was in one of my stores (I was in the back) and there was a customer on the floor demanding we take care of an issue that we had no way of taking care of, I think it was he was demanding credits for web usage.

He was dealing with the assisstant manager who kept telling him who he had to call and that the store couldn't resolve the issue.

His final response: I'll just come back with some plastique and blow up the store.

She came into the back not realizing what had happened and when we heard about it the other tech quickly called 911. After about 5 minutes on the phone, the dispatcher told him to walk out the front of the store, turn left, walk past the resturant and meet up with the Palm Beach Sheriff's office deputies and detectives (note: plural on both). Then the ast manager leaves. All that's left in the store is a sales rep in the front and me in the back. Sure enough, the guy STAYED in the store (dumbass) thoughout this, not realizing what was about to happen.

Knowing this was going to be good, I watched the security camera and sure enough, 4 uniformed officers and 4 un-uniformed officers raid the store, 4 go to the guy who made the threat (he was in the back) and the other 4 split up into pairs to prevent the other customers from interfeering.

Sure enough, the guy was arrested on the spot and his car was searched. Of course they found nothing but was still charged.

The really funny part is that 30 minutes later his wife called yelling at us for having her husband arrested for no reason. The ast manager's response was "Did me mention he made a bomb threat?". Sure enough, she apologized and hung up.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

What a dumbass! I mean, really, in this day and age...one cannot go around all wily nily making bomb threats like in the good ol days!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

It's always been said that really stupid people like our Mad Bomber here should be locked behind bars.

He just finally got himself there.
      "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

I hope your store has a zero tolerance policy like most schools and offices. May he finally get to feel the love of Bubba the unbathed, gay, 300 pound weightlifter from cell block B.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          I hope your store has a zero tolerance policy like most schools and offices. May he finally get to feel the love of Bubba the unbathed, gay, 300 pound weightlifter from cell block B.
          We're more strict than that (well, not according to company policy).

Someone tried to force their way into the store after closing when a rep was letting a customer out, 2 reps called 911.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I agree with bigjimaz. May he end up as "some fat tattooed bastard's buttery cornhole."

Extra credit to anyone who can place the quote.

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
              I agree with bigjimaz. May he end up as "some fat tattooed bastard's buttery cornhole."

Extra credit to anyone who can place the quote.

M
              Money GOOD!
              Napster BAD!
              A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

meet up with the Palm Beach Sheriff's office deputies and detectives (note: plural on both).
                Alll the really good shit happens in Palm Beach county. I live one county north, and dammit, we don't have this kind of lunacy!!
                Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                  Alll the really good shit happens in Palm Beach county. I live one county north, and dammit, we don't have this kind of lunacy!!
                  Sometimes I wish the seasonal people, AKA the snowbirds from up north, would make threats like this at local eating establishments. It certainly would make going out to eat a bit more pleasant. Almost any time my family and I go out to eat, we get to witness an altercation such as the food was awful and they demand a free meal.

I've had my share of issues in stores with nasty sales clerks and so on, but I not once have ever threatened one's life or made a bomb threat being I know the consequences of running my big mouth.

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                    Then you should visit me in Broward...
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Broward, I went to H.S there! Back about a million years ago
                      "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Working...
                      X