X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it had nowhere to go

...but downhill from the start.

a girl walks in and asks for that 'blended thing with the caramel in it; it's cold, too.'

right away, i knew this wasn't going to be good, doesn't know the drink, then her friend comes in and adds in her two cents:

'we NEED these in under five minutes, or she'll be late for class, it's a blended mocha with two extra shots, can you do that?' (all said with an air of 'we're important, you're all schiesse and too dumb to understand anything)

after that, i went a bit slower, just to piss this wench off; how exactly is it our fault when you and your pal don't understand the concepts of time management and priorities?

i get the drinks done; first girl is fine, but her friend, for some reason, had something crawl up her clueless/classless nether regions in the minute it took to make her oh so complex drink:

'there are TWO shots in here, right?' (said while staring at me with disbelief that anyone could manage to finish this ultracomplex order so fast, and as if i were lying to cover my 'incompetence')

'yes, there are TWO shots in there.' (thinking to myself, yes, that's why i said DOUBLE shots, genius...sheesh)

the day was great until tweedle dee and dum showed up, but since it was near the end of my shift, we made fun of them, laughed about it and went about, business as usual.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

When I go into Star Bucks, I don't know the names of the drink either. I have to somewhat explain mine to them. Also, people do run late, it happens to the best of us. Not getting mad, but explaining from my point of veiw.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I often am running late, but I never give anyone attitude, as I know that it's my fault I'm running late, and it was my decision to stop for coffee or whatever I'm purchasing, rather than heading straight to my destination.

As for drink names, I don't memorize em, but I do look at the menu on the wall to help me figger out which one it is that I'm after.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Yes, people do run late as well as not know the name of the drinks they are ordering. However, I believe it was the tone of voice and attitude these girls had that created this sucky experience. If you are running late, it is not the fault of the person helping you - failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. So, if these girls would have had a sunnier disposition, I think this thread would've never been born!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
          When I go into Star Bucks, I don't know the names of the drink either. I have to somewhat explain mine to them. Also, people do run late, it happens to the best of us. Not getting mad, but explaining from my point of veiw.
          Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Invariably, when I get rushed, I slow down. The more you rush me the slower I get. If you want to watch me sit, bitch about how slow I'm going.
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I'm a barista's dream customer. I know exactly what I want, and I even say please and thank you.
            "Good morning! May I have a grande vanilla latte with an extra shot of vanilla please?"
            That's what I order all the time. I'm in and out in 3 minutes. I even tip!
            Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Are we supposed to tip??? Cuz if so I had no idea...

Comment

I tip at Starbucks. The baristas deserve a little extra, I think. Most people don't order a regular coffee at places like that. They usually order something a little more labour-intensive, like lattes or caps.
                I tip even more if I feel the need to specify "extra dry" or "extra hot" or whatever, because then they're REALLY going above and beyond.
                I'll admit that I don't usually tip if I'm just getting a regular black coffee.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

i don't expect them to always know, but to come in and sound as stupid as she did (i'm not sure how, but she put an extra special serving of stupid in there), and manage to make things go downhill; throw in the arrogant and equally moronic friend, and the transaction is complete.

tips are nice, but a warm, friendly person gives me an equally warm fuzzy, which i think everyone could use these days!

i'm willing to help anyone who isn't sure what they're looking for as long as they're not ridiculously dense or arrogant, which both were.

i love it when they know, but it's ok if you don't; we're there to help you, too!
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Some people don't allow tips where I live, which sucks because I like to tip. I feel cheap and mean if I don't.

I went to a Starbucks and found myself surounded by loud, giggly cheerleaders who had no clue what their friends wanted and kept going back and forth from the counter to the table to find out. Why the other girls couldn't come over there, I have no clue. Being cheerleaders (they were in full uniform and practicing cheers, which is how I know) you'd think they could get up and order for themselves.

Happily I was the only other person there and had really come just to give my friend that works there a hard time, so I wasn't pissed, just wondering what in the world made them think it was okay to waste other people's time like that. If I had been in a hurry or just wanted my coffee, damn it, I can't say I would have been very nice to them. (And yes, as soon as my friend got another customer, I hot-footed it out of there. I didn't want to be sucky, either.)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                      an equally warm fuzzy, which i think everyone could use these days!
                      There's only so much of me to go around...

Rapscallion

Comment

ah, so we need to clone rapscallion...*wheels turn evilly.*
                        look! it's ghengis khan!

Comment

SCs make you wonder why food & drink service shops bother having menus all over the place so people can pause for a few moments and study them. Or even..gasp..have some idea what you want before you get to the counter or into the store.

I get embarrassed sometimes taking my niece & nephew to McDs. Even though they are under 6, both are somewhat picky and only eat burgers or chicken plain, which means a grill order. I've worked that kitchen crew job, and I know what a specialty order means. Thus they get plain, quickest to make, or nothing but fries and nuggets when they go with me.

Guilty - I do order my Big & Tasty's sans ketchup, which isn't hard to do, but only cause the mayo and ketchup combined makes me ill. Thats about the only time I'll do a grill order, unless they are absolutely dead when I happen to go (rarely).
                          "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

Raps......I don't think we were talking about warm fuzzy MOOBS........its alright old chap, we all still love you anyway!
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              Raps......I don't think we were talking about warm fuzzy MOOBS........its alright old chap, we all still love you anyway!
                              Is there anything else to talk about?

If so, why?

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X