This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Reyneth View Post
    I really can't believe several customers complained about you not being chatty.
    You would be amazed at what customers find to complain about. I'm STILL waiting for customers to complain about my "Purity" (from an organic avacado) and "Lamb" (from the meat room) stickers that I wear on my apron.

Broomjockey, can I permanently borrow your siggy for personal use (with modifications)?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      Broomjockey, can I permanently borrow your siggy for personal use (with modifications)?
      Sure, I got it from Year Five of Law and Order, so I don't have any specific claim to it
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

What if these complaining customers got a mute cashier?

I get the feeling that if they complained and were corrected, they'd start going off about how someone like that shouldn't be working as a cashier. Stupid humans.
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

I get the feeling that if they complained and were corrected, they'd start going off about how someone like that shouldn't be working as a cashier. Stupid humans.
          Or the cashier has severe laryngitis? My store manager once had laryngitis so bad she could hardly talk for 3 days...if it wasn't necessary to say, she wasn't saying it...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I quit at WalMart, I just punch out and was walking out. I got stopped by to managers. Told them what happened, and left. Screw walmart, all they care about is the money going into their pockits and not about the people who actually makes them the money.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It's funny how each walmart is also totally different. The one local to my childhood home has had some of the same people working there for as long as I can remember- I know a good number of the staff and can hold conversation forever with a couple of the employees. One of whom absolutely loves her job there, talks about how wonderful it is and suggested I get a job there, too. (not happening for a number of reasons, but one of the biggest being I live an hour away from that store.)

At any rate, that's the ONLY walmart I like going to. Every other one I have been in the employees have been pretty rude, indifferent and I'm lucky if they speak English.

Also, I had a relative who worked for them and they screwed her over big time- she hated it and was all too glad to be rid of the job.

So, .

Kudos to you for getting out of that situation Bright Star. If your location was anything like some of the others I've been to... *shudder* I hate SHOPPING there, I can't imagine WORKING there...
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=198

Not seen him around for a while - hope he's OK.

Rapscallion

Comment

Interesting tidbit that I read in Time magazine 2 years ago. They interviewed Sam Walton the owner of Wal-Mart and one of the questions asked was:

Time: When you are near a Target or another store do you throw your trash into their carts?

Sam Walton: No, I usually take the trash out if I witness that. Retail is hard enough as it is.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

That is such good news hon! Congrats on quitting. It all goes up from here.
                    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                    X