This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liar, liar, pants on fire

Reading another thread made me remember this from yesterday.

Young woman comes up with her groceries, including a paper mushroom bag. Since we started selling bulk criminis and portobellos (both more expensive than button, portobellos a lot more $) as well as white button shrooms, I always look in the bag to see what the customer has. Nobody has ever said anything until her. I'd barely started to open the bag when she said: I just have mushrooms.

I continued to open the bag and looked in. What did I see, you ask? Two portobellos nestled in with some white buttons. I pulled the portobellos out to weigh them up separately and she said: Oh, I don't know how those got in there.

*Of course you don't - they just jumped in, from one shelf up and three feet to the right. *

I just gave her 'the look' until she turned red. Afterwards I wondered if I should've called management over and let them deal with her. . . oh well, at least I caught her attempted scam.
    It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

I never understand this petty scamming thing people do. I mean, really. How much money are you saving? 30 cents? Their self respect is worth the difference of a half a pound of different mushroom types?

Yikes.

Comment

Perhaps they're trying to save up enough loose change to buy a new conscience?
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

It just goes to show that customers always assume that WE are the dumb ones.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

portobello's sell here for $8/lb. Button for near $2/lb. The difference was probably closer to $3 - $4 if the prices are near the same here as where Zinjadu is.

By the way Zijadu, would you please try to keep the snow up your way. We're supposed to get 6" of it this weekend.
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
            By the way Zijadu, would you please try to keep the snow up your way. We're supposed to get 6" of it this weekend.
            GIVE IT TO ME! GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEE!! I'm trapped in SW Florida with no @#$!@#%#$%#$!%ing air conditioning and I MISS snow!!
            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Maybe they just popped up in there while she was finishing the rest of her shopping. You know how mushrooms are - they just pop up like, well, mushrooms! Ya know, you go to bed and your lawn is perfectly clear, and the next morning... mushrooms! That bag would be nice and dark. They do like that.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm sure they just waited for her cart to go by and flung themselves off the shelf screaming "SANCTUARY!"

Comment

I can't wait to go back up north. Fl is freaking hot!
                  "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

If it wasn't for the red face, I'd think that maybe she did not realize they needed to be seperate. My wife has done the same thing with apples, mixing them in the bag, not realizing they have different PLU's.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                      I'm sure they just waited for her cart to go by and flung themselves off the shelf screaming "SANCTUARY!"
                      I wish I'd come up with that...

Back on topic, sort of...where I work, cashiers can't look in the bags. They can only ask the customers what's in it and how many of said item are there. (Ex. doughnuts)
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X