Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not our fault but that apparently don't matter...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not our fault but that apparently don't matter...

All right, first post here. I just need to vet like a volcano about to blow...

Early this morning, not even ten o'clock I get this older couple coming into my store.

I work at a gun shop. We sell all sorts of hunting goods along with fishing stuff. Another thing we do is that we help out the local gun range, taking memberships for them. To be more exact, we assist them in filling out the form and take the money for the range. We don't make a dime on it.

We have a guy from the range come in and collect the forms and money and our involvement ends there.

We get this couple coming in. First thing out of her mouth,

"Where's my membership?"

Now, me and my co worker don't have a clue about any membership being dropped off. And we usually ask the guy who collects them if anyone wrote down to have it dropped off with us for a fast pickup by the new member.

These two are adamant that we have it or have lost it that we are A******** for being rude on the phone and on and on.

We tell them politely that we don't have any further contact with the range and this just sets them off,

"You just lost 5000 dollars in f****** sales today, I've never been so insulted." At this point my co worker tells them that our nearest compition is down the road. Boy am I steamed. I had to keep my jaw shut just to not explode on these folks.

Then the husband comes back in and yells "And one of you were F****** rude to me on the phone." This is a surprise to us as we're taught to be polite on the phone and neither of us talked to this guy. He storms out, saying that it doesn't matter we're not directly connected with the club, its still our fault.

My coworker calls the range and we get the guy we're dealing with. He says he'll look into it.

My manager comes in later and right away sees that we're both furious. He asks which idiot came in and we tell him the story. Apparently he dealt with the guy on the phone, who's vocabulary can best be summed up as a F-bomb every second word and yelling at my manager for this membership thing. My manager is like a grizzly. He's nice and cuddly looking until you piss him off.

He told the jerk that we don't have his membership, as we just transfer the form and money to the club and that's it. The guy slammed the phone down and that was it.

My manager (bless his soul), after hearing our little encounter growled

"They step foot in here tell them they're banned and if they don't get out the police will be called. End of Story."

I love working here

Why didn't they just call the range to find out about their membership status? Oh, right. That would be the logical thing to do.

Comment

Yeesh, call the range and give them a warning. I'm a gal who likes guns (when used and kept responsibly, yada yada), but I wouldn't want to be around someone with that kinda uncontrolled temper and a weapon.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Please have your boss cloned immediately, we need more like them!

Comment

It's been said over and over that it's a bad idea to piss off the person handling your food or controlling your booze...which is true.

But am I alone here in thinking that it's a far worse idea to piss off people in a shop that has tons of guns and bullets?!?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            But am I alone here in thinking that it's a far worse idea to piss off people in a shop that has tons of guns and bullets?!?
            Nope. I was thinking that too. Not that the OP and his coworker would do such a thing, but there are some out there who would be....less forgiving.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth RevenVrake View Post
              My manager....dealt with the guy on the phone, who's vocabulary can best be summed up as a F-bomb every second word and yelling at my manager for this membership thing.
              And he's the one who says you're rude. Naturally.
              Quoth RevenVrake View Post
              My manager (bless his soul), after hearing our little encounter growled

"They step foot in here tell them they're banned and if they don't get out the police will be called. End of Story."

I love working here
              I don't blame you. It's always much nicer to work someplace where the management has your back.
              Quoth Jester View Post
              Not at all. Which is why it's always amusing to read news stories about brain-curdled idiots trying to hold up gun shops. (Yes, it does happen, and more frequently than you'd think, which doesn't say much for the human race, does it?)
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                It's been said over and over that it's a bad idea to piss off the person handling your food or controlling your booze...which is true.

You know, I hadn't considered that one. I may just have to revise one of my Cardinal Rules of life: never piss off the people that handle your food, your money, your passwords, or your firearms.
                Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

Not at all. Which is why it's always amusing to read news stories about brain-curdled idiots trying to hold up gun shops. (Yes, it does happen, and more frequently than you'd think, which doesn't say much for the human race, does it?)
                  Unfortunately, it happened a number of years ago to the owner of my old favorite gun shop. Neither the owner nor the would-be thief survived the resulting shootout. The loss of the shop owner was a huge loss to the community.

To the OP, I'm glad your management has your back. Too many managers let their staffs hang in the wind.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My manager told me when I started working here:

"You've heard the expression the Customer is always right? It's my experience that the Customer is frequently wrong."

These folks I do not believe wanted to join the range to use the range. In Canada you have to be a member of a Gun Range in order to buy handguns. This is because you are not allowed to use handguns on your own property. You can only fire them on approved ranges.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                      managers let their staffs hang in the wind.
                      Must. Keep. Thread. Out. Of. Gutter.

Nicely written, Reven. And thirding the 'glad management's got your back' sentiment. Welcome aboard.
                      Last edited by sms001; 12-22-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        ... has a knob on the end ...
                        [/Gytha Ogg]
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                          Oh, boy. You know I'm having a bad day when I missed that one entirely. Ooops.
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            But it's nice and cozy. Like home.
                            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                              Unfortunately, it happened a number of years ago to the owner of my old favorite gun shop. Neither the owner nor the would-be thief survived the resulting shootout. The loss of the shop owner was a huge loss to the community.
                              I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up an upsetting topic.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X