This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Storm 2013 - SC edition

I'm pretty sure you had some SC stories concerning the storm in this thread.

Like people getting pissy over backup generators being sold out, or having to wait in line as people who don't normally shop now need to do so out of necessity.

Or how about those people complaining that they won't be able to use their favourite washing machine at the coin-operated laundromat simply because other people need to use it and got to it first?

Or, better yet, people pounding at the closed doors of stores because the stores or mall had to close?

So, how about it? How has the ice storm affected your place of work and your customers?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Work lost power, as did most of the area. They were one of the first to get them back though, as it was on this morning. I have two family members staying over until their power comes back. So pretty quiet here.

Comment

Didnt affect me, I live in Vancouver where it never goes below 0 Celsius.
      "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
        Didnt affect me, I live in Vancouver where it never goes below 0 Celsius.
        Now don't go getting all smug. There was snow on the south coast about a week ago - at least 5 cm. Not quite enough to cripple the city, but darn close

Comment

If it can snow on the Sphynx in Egypt, it can snow in Vancouver!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            If it can snow on the Sphynx in Egypt, it can snow in Vancouver!
            Except from the fact that it didn't. (Scroll down to #1 post)
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Towing company

People in the middle of the storm wanted us to tow their broke down cars from their HOUSE to a dealership to be repaired. Kicker? They'd been sitting for weeks.

WEEKS.

We only go where the roads are plowed especially for motor clubs and they are told by the club that we can only go on plowed roads. So customers will lie and say they are plowed, we waste time going out and are unable to get to their car because of non-plowed roads.

When it's snowing PLEASE slow down on major highways including toll roads. Freak storms do not get the roads de-iced quickly. People for some reason speed up and cause major accidents like the ones Tuesday.

Comment

Other than the slum lords either side of my office not bothering to clear their sidewalks...it wasn't too bad.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X