This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Really Just Say That to Her?

This guy came into buy beer tonight. He walks up to my lady bosses counter to get checked out. At the time, she was eating a small container of fruit that you can purchase in the store.

The SC looks at her and asks "Are you trying to get fatter?"

She cracks a smile and says she's working on losing weight.

After he left, she talked about how rude that was. She said she was trying to lose weight, and she's honestly really skinny. I spent the next ten minutes doing everything possible to convince her that she is not fat.
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

Eating fruit makes you fat?

Comment

She could have been drinking a glass of water, and this yutz would probably have made a comment about putting on water weight or something. He just wanted to be a dick, and she was there. Simple.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"No. Are you trying to get stupider?"

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          "No. Are you trying to get stupider?"
          Pity we can't say stuff like this to the customer without getting fired...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            I can and have. One customer kept claiming that his IPad did everything for him and I told him that apparently it still couldnt get him a girlfriend.
            "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
              I can and have. One customer kept claiming that his IPad did everything for him and I told him that apparently it still couldnt get him a girlfriend.
              Or laid.

I had a guy tell me to go on the Internet & research using vinegar for weight control. Um, fuck you.
              He had a habit of telling people (other customers) to research topics on the Internet. He would stop them & essentially hold them hostage. One day I sent the MOD after him. Saw him last night & there were no comments to anyone about his Internet research.
              Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Makes me miss the good ol' days on the newspaper, when we could in fact say things like that ...

Although so far I haven't hit any customers in retail that I'd want to say something like that to. Even the cross ones have been reasonably polite.

Comment

He was buying beer. She's eating healthy fruit, and he's buying something that will make him fat! Too bad she couldn't have said that back to him.

Comment

Quoth pinky View Post
                    This guy came into buy beer tonight. He walks up to my lady bosses counter to get checked out. At the time, she was eating a small container of fruit that you can purchase in the store.

The SC looks at her and asks "Are you trying to get fatter?"

She cracks a smile and says "Are you trying to get perma-banned?"
                    Guy shuts up, pays and leaves.
                    Edited to reflect how encounters like these should ideally go....
                    if only
                    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

"No. Are you trying to get smarter?"
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Death glare: "Didn't your mother teach you better manners?"
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                        X