Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Stress Release (Vulgar Language)

1) Entitled Regular

This has been a messy two weeks, or one week, I can't remember anymore.

First our Entitled Regular shows up. And I mean we treat this woman like gold because she buys a lot of pizza and lotto. She has to have a separate paper bag for her lotto because she can't be bothered to carry around a few slips of paper. She has to have a separate bag for any newspapers or candy, and a separate one for her pizza too.

Normally she isn't that hard to deal with, but maybe she hasn't been winning a lot on the lotto or something cause she was extra nasty. I put her pizza in the oven, got her the lotto and the candy. I went to ring her up, and she said that the lotto was separate.

I said in my most pleasant voice possible, with a smile: "No problem."

In the nastiest voice possible, she sounded like ice: "You're right. That's no problem."

Seriously dude? I didn't do anything to you. Get over your entitlement please.

2) The Wrong Change

This guy comes in yesterday to buy a few items. As I'm ringing him up, he goes and grabs some laundry soap. He goes to pay with the exact change.

He tells me "it's 58 cents."

I look at his hand, and I can tell it's not 58 cents. Now I know I'm not supposed to call customers on their BS or whatever, but I couldn't help it. I say "I can tell that it's not."

He grabs up some money and starts slapping it down on the counter, counting it out aggressively as he does, and says "Can you tell this? Da*n"

Sorry. You got caught.

3) The Phone Call That Never Should Have Been

This happened last night. I'm still shocked that I was able to keep my cool, because I would like to take the b*tches head off. (Sorry. It was that bad)

Now I know our customers think they're clever and they get bored and like to make prank calls. But this was a No, No, and NO!

A woman calls us about 10:40 while I'm writing down the lotto numbers. I answer the phone with "(company name). May I help you?"

woman: "What are the best brand of condoms you would recommend?"

Me *mind blanks*: "Excuse Me?"

Woman: "I need to know what condoms you would recommend because I get really w*t."

And as they say in the movie Sling Blade. I just seen red.

Me in the coldest, most controlled voice possible: "I don't know what you mean ma'm." *belt sander has sprung to mind*

Woman: "Oh, so you never get la*d." *hangs up*

My boss checked the number on the phone after I hung up, and told him what happened. I had to tell him cause he just heard me say a few choice phrases that could have gotten me in trouble if anyone else had been in the store.

It turns out it was one of our regulars trying to be funny.

What a pain.
    Last edited by pinky; 01-07-2014, 04:31 AM.
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

Ugh, that's ridiculous....first twat has to put her lottery tickets in a bag?? Seriously?

And the prank phone call was particularly stupid. People with not enough to do.....yuck.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The thing I don't understand about the lotto lady is that she always carries a purse and wears a big coat with lots of pocket room. So where's the logic?
      “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
      ― Rebecca West

Comment

Quoth pinky View Post
        The thing I don't understand about the lotto lady is that she always carries a purse and wears a big coat with lots of pocket room. So where's the logic?
        because if she put them in her purse or pockets she wouldn't be the eckstra speshul uber-bitch anymore.

Comment

Quoth pinky View Post
          woman: "What are the best brand of condoms you would recommend?"
          "May I suggest these?"
          Quoth pinky View Post
          It turns out it was one of our regulars trying to be funny.
          And failing spectacularly.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"May I suggest these?" That's pretty funny. I'll have to try saying that if they ever call again.
            ― Rebecca West

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              "May I suggest these?"
              That's assuming a bit much, don't you think?

Personally I'd recommend a Sling Blade. Some folks calls it a Kayser Blade, but I call it a Sling Blade, uhm-hmm.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X