This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Mantra

Lets start off with a story: Today at work was a typical Sunday. Chaos, disorder, murder. The usual amount of well dressed families just out of church and jockeying for a table. Well there was this family, a mom, grnadmom, son and daughter coming through the line. The son, this future wife beaters of america type, was dressed still in his Spiderman jammies. Apparently he would scream if she tried to change him. He was spinning around and around and around like mad even when his mom told him to stop and wanged his head on the tray bars. Everyone in his family froze. He waited a full minuet to make sure everyone was looking, and then started to wail like a man possessed. Of course his grandmom just coos "Oh baby boy come to gammy!" and picks him up and holds him like an infant. *disgusted sound*

So this kid decides to use it all through the meal. Every time somebody wasn't paying attention to him, he would start crying. Anyone who was listening could tell the kid was in no pain whatsoever. He was doing the 'gimmie fucking attention now' cry. And whenever he's start to simper, his mom would shove a gummy bear/cookies/ice cream cone/hershy kiss or something sweet in his mouth. He'd be alright till he consumed the future sugar rush, then start screaming again. I swear to god I was five seconds from grabbing his fat little arms, holding him down, and screaming in his face "You are not dead! You are not bleeding! You do not YET have any internal injures! If you want to cry again, let me know and I'll make sure you cry for a good reason!"

The moral: Not beat you children, but at the very least be the one in control! For gods sake ramming sugar down your kids thraot to keep him quiet his not good parenting skills.
    Last edited by Ree; 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM.

Quoth Chroias View Post
    Of course his grandmom just coos "Oh baby boy come to gammy!" and picks him up and holds him like an infant. *disgusted sound*
    I second that disgusted sound... YUCK! Teach your children to speak properly and don't coddle them like that. Sheesh. No wonder they grow up to be such horrid, stupid, insipid adults.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

You need a license to drive a car, get married, fish, and in my state panhandle, but any moron can have a kid.
      "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

geez, how old was this kid, anyway?

The moral: Not beat you children, but at the very least be the one in control! For gods sake ramming sugar down your kids thraot to keep him quiet his not good parenting skills.
        If she cut out some of that sugar it would really help his mood swings...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That, right there, is an eating disorder in the making. You should never use food as any form of punishment or reward unless you want your kid to have eating issues later in life.

My boyfriend's cousin has a toddler and she tried the 'fall down and cry to get attention' routine while we were there. She got about a minute of her mom asking her to behave, then she got ignored. After another couple of minutes she figured out that the tantrum wasn't working and she gave up on it to come have dinner with the rest of us.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X