Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal checks are different from payroll. For personal we need the day of. We do deposits every night and our computers won't allow a different date. They watch us closely and audit would notice. We have a bunch of crazy rules

Comment

Quoth Hitokiri Akins View Post
      People my dad's age and younger have a little thing called a cell phone. And you know what every cell phone has on it? Today's date.
      I just use my watch!

Seriously, though, the date function on my watch is a huge lifesaver. I'm lucky if I can remember what day of the week it is, never mind the actual date.

Now, where I work, we can take cheques if they have a previous day's date on them (within reason, of course). Of course, since we only accept cheques for payments on our credit cards, there's really not much to worry about. After all, what's a customer going to say about them? "Somebody stole that cheque and used it to put my money on my own credit card!" Yeah right.
      my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
      it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
        Now, where I work, we can take cheques if they have a previous day's date on them (within reason, of course). Of course, since we only accept cheques for payments on our credit cards, there's really not much to worry about. After all, what's a customer going to say about them? "Somebody stole that cheque and used it to put my money on my own credit card!" Yeah right.
        Now that one could be abused. Imagine someone who's late on their payment dating the check for the due date the day before or a few days back. When the late fee hits next month, they call and say "But I have my check dated for the due date of my payment! It's not MY fault your people didn't credit it to my account on time!"
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          Now that one could be abused. Imagine someone who's late on their payment dating the check for the due date the day before or a few days back. When the late fee hits next month, they call and say "But I have my check dated for the due date of my payment! It's not MY fault your people didn't credit it to my account on time!"
          Ah, a point I hadn't considered. Although, when we take their cheque for payment they also have to sign a slip that prints off which shows the date, time, and how much was paid so if they ever did try to kick up a stink and claim that, we easily have proof backing us up.
          my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
          it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
            Ah, a point I hadn't considered. Although, when we take their cheque for payment they also have to sign a slip that prints off which shows the date, time, and how much was paid so if they ever did try to kick up a stink and claim that, we easily have proof backing us up.
            And if it's done the same way the bank I've got my card through does it, it will show the BANKING DATE (i.e. the branch is open until 8 PM Friday, and has hours on Saturday and Sunday, but if you come in after a "cutoff" time on Friday, or on the weekend, it will show your payment as being made Monday). Normally, they'll treat it as "on time" if you pay on the weekend and the due date is on the weekend.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X