Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's A Beautiful Day In The Stupidhood....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KitterCat View Post
    Mr. Kt: How`ed you think all those calories get in there anyway?
    Me: Sugar, lots of sugar.
    Well...that part IS definitely correct. Boozeahol tends to have a fair amount of carbs/sugars, by definition.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Fudgethatkay View Post
      I'm one of those "make it slightly on the weaker" side peeps..
      Order your drinks tall from now on.

You'll thank me for it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Many people have talents like this, and for a bartender, such talent would be a gift.

A gift I have never possessed. My memory of people is so woeful, it's a bit of a joke among some of my coworkers. I have, for example, carded former coworkers.

Still, two years? Bitch, please!
        I do have to say that walking around Old Town, or even going to the grocery store with you is an amusing experience. Watching you pretend to recognize people who greet you by name when you clearly have no clue who they are has been a major source of amusement to me on many occasions. Though I do get it. Having been a teacher, I get approached by people all the time. The best I can usually do us figure out if they were college or middle school students based on if they call me professor or Ms.

As for the parking pass, I have to laugh. It's not like there isn't plenty of free street parking within a block or so. That's just stupid to risk getting towed over a few hundred feet.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          JESTER: "It's a great day at The Bar, this is Jester speaking, how may I help you?"
          FEMALE CALLER: "Yes, is your bar open to the public?"
          JESTER: "Ummm....yeeeessss....I certainly hope so!"
          FEMALE CALLER: "Well, I asked because I saw that you're affiliated with the Key West Yacht Club."
          JESTER: "No ma'am, we're not. We're downtown, and the Yacht Club is more midtown. They're basically halfway across the island from us. We're nowhere near them, and not affiliated with them in any way."
          But since it's a bar, I'm sure you have a couple types of schooner, and possibly a few boat races. That may be why they associated you with the yacht club.

I hate people like this. Bartenders hate people who say "make it strong" anyway, and I usually say something to the effect of "Do I LOOK like someone who makes weak drinks?" But to say that about a Long Island? Honestly, the only way to make a Long Island stronger would be to pour in some rubbing alcohol, a little gunpowder, and a pinch of nitroglycerin.
          Nix the rubbing alcohol - "What's your poison?" is supposed to be a rhetorical question. Everclear (by preference not the wimpy 151 stuff, but that's all you'd have access to) would be a better choice.

I'm sure you've mentioned it, but "make it strong" is usually someone ordering a "normal" (i.e. shot of booze with several times the volume of non-alcoholic mixer) mixed drink, and wanting more than the usual ration of nosepaint without paying for the extra. BTW, I'd like a Shirley Temple - and make it strong.

Quoth EricKei View Post
          ...some Uranium 238... Shake well...A lighted match -- Swallow the match -- So. *BOOM*
          Nope. 238 is the non-radioactive isotope. Perhaps you're thinking of 235 - the isotope that simultaneously "put Hiroshima on the map" (figuratively) and took it off the map (literally)?

Quoth KitterCat View Post
          Me: I mean there cant be a drink that has tea in its name and not have tea in it.
          Mr.Kt: No dear, there isnt any tea in that drink. Its all alcohol, a small splash of coke, but really just mixing drinks.
          Root beer (doesn't contain beer). Ginger ale (doesn't contain ale). Sweetbreads (meat). Sweetmeats (baked goods).
          Last edited by wolfie; 01-30-2014, 05:21 PM. Reason: found out neutral spirit (95% and above) banned in Florida
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Nope. 238 is the non-radioactive isotope...
            Betcha tell all the frontline troops that... Ooopthie! Less radioactive, nowhere near non. Half-lives: U238 4.47GY, U235 704 MY.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

*blinkblink* wolfie. Don't tell me you didn't catch a classic Looney Tunes reference. For shame, Sir, for shame.

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It's been at least 30 years since I watched classic WB cartoons. Also, Canadian TV tends to censor fairly heavily for violence, so (assuming that episode is one that I saw), it would almost certainly have been cut after the exploding xylophone, so they wouldn't have described the mixture.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Now that they've censored the use of dynamite in cartoons, do you find your kids less eager to blow up xylophones?
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Let's Go Yachting!

Honestly, the only way to make a Long Island stronger would be to pour in some rubbing alcohol, a little gunpowder, and a pinch of nitroglycerin.

And then I'd have THEM shake it!
                    You forgot the gasoline...and uranium. Oh, and the lit match.

I don't like tequila in my Long Island's. Tequila is for shots, and staring longingly into a toilet bowl with watery eyes.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      But since it's a bar, I'm sure you have a couple types of schooner, and possibly a few boat races. That may be why they associated you with the yacht club.

Nix the rubbing alcohol - "What's your poison?" is supposed to be a rhetorical question. Everclear (by preference not the wimpy 151 stuff, but that's all you'd have access to) would be a better choice.

I'm sure you've mentioned it, but "make it strong" is usually someone ordering a "normal" (i.e. shot of booze with several times the volume of non-alcoholic mixer) mixed drink, and wanting more than the usual ration of nosepaint without paying for the extra. BTW, I'd like a Shirley Temple - and make it strong.
                      For any one of these, I could probably kill you and get off scot-free, as no jury in the land would convict me with the above in evidence.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Root beer (doesn't contain beer). Ginger ale (doesn't contain ale). Sweetbreads (meat). Sweetmeats (baked goods).
                      Nor beer in ginger beer, nor bombs in Irish Car Bombs, etc., etc., etc.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Nor beer in ginger beer, nor bombs in Irish Car Bombs, etc., etc., etc.
                        You like that, how about the fact that we drive on the parkway, and park in the driveway?
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Precisely!
                          You were supposed to say...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ
                          "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

And Grape Nuts has no grapes or nuts in it.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                              And Grape Nuts has no grapes or nuts in it.
                              No but "Gravel" didn't do as well in marketing tests.

Comment

Quoth Rhania506 View Post
                                No but "Gravel" didn't do as well in marketing tests.
                                Although "Little Bits o' Tasteless Pebbles" has a nice ring to it....

Comment

Working...
                                X