X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenomenal Cosmic Power!...

....itty bitty office space.

Sit back and grab your popcorn folks - Seraph's back and has even more Spine O' Steel. As a lot of yall know, I recently found steady work. This enables for a balance of the Force: less SC stories, but more pwnage as I have the freedom to not be terrified of my finances. SCs, beware....

Yeaaaaaaah I get the feeling that won't be a real big problem for me.

SC: Hi, so you did my site about three years ago, and I forgot to pay my hosting fees like right after that, and they deleted everything after a year of nonpayment. Now, I've decided to start my site back up again, and you'll need to reinstall it.

Seraph: Ok, can I get your email, and I will send the invoice for the reinstallation costs shortly. Once that's taken care of, we will get you up and running asap!

SC: No, I already paid once for the work, I'm not paying again

Seraph: So, you expect the labor done for a second time, free?

SC: Yes, exactly

Seraph: Work is work, we will still have to put in the hours again to get your site back up, and we have to be paid for said time. Unfortunately, there will not be any free work for this.

SC: Well then, guess you will not get any more of my business.

But...but...YOU FREELANCE!

SC: Hi, I need a custom Wordpress theme created

Seraph: Ah, ok, are you wanting fully custom? Or an existing theme altered to fit your site?

SC: FULL custom theme

Seraph: Ok, can I get some more details from you, your budget, and how you need it to look?

SC: budget - 50$

Seraph: I'm sorry, but custom WP themes usually go for $1500 or more...there's an insane amount of work that needs to go into these sort of things, for that cost, we could partially modify an existing theme, though

SC: No, 50 max. You're a freelancer, I know you can work with the price :P Freelancers are cheap

Seraph: I'm sorry, but no, I will not have us throw several weeks of solid work, into a custom theme, for $50.

SC: But you said you freelance!

Seraph: I do, but I'm not a charity :P

I KNEW that would scare them!

SC: I want a site with all the bells and whistles, I have a big budget, willing to pay for quality

Seraph: Alright, let's get the details ironed out here, and I can then send you an itemized estimate to look over and finalize. Once accepted, I'll send over the contract to sign, get the deposit, and we will get your project on the road!

SC: you require a contract to be signed?

Seraph: Yes, its a large project, and its for your protection as much as mine

SC: f*** that, I'm not signing a contract for a f***ing website project

Seraph: I'm sorry you don't like the policy, but unfortunately, with so many recent reports of people filing for chargebacks after getting their project completed, I decided a signed, legal contract was the safest route for both my clientele and I.

SC: ****

<SC has signed off>

Oh no no no, really I don't mind.

I give a price upfront, client agrees, and then asks me to invoice him. As I'm doing so, he mentions "I know better people than you who would do it for cheaper, but I guess I'm too nice."

Oh, really?

I stopped invoicing right away, and told him to not worry about feeling like he was charitable. I was more than willing to pass on the project, so he didn't have to feel so bad that his buddies weren't getting the work.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

What... what's this? Seraph posting... and she's getting to lay the smackdown most righteously from the safety of financial security?

HALLELUJAH AMEN!
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Bwahaha, dis gon be gud.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

You know, I always thought those stories posted on Clients From Hell where people say "You freelance! That means you work for FREE!" were made up...

But I guess not. Idiots.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Awesome! Seraph gets to smack around potential clients raving cheapskates and morons! I'm gonna like this!

'Grats on regular employment, Seraph. I'd rather see fewer epic stories and more "STFU idiot" shorts...
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Srsly, Seraph's just arming up to unleash more PWNZER on the scumbags.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

YAAAY! And I especially like that last one!

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                SC: No, 50 max. You're a freelancer, I know you can work with the price :P Freelancers are cheap
                Apparently so are customers.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Good to hear you're in a more stable situation *knocks on wood*
                  Quoth Seraph View Post
                  SC: Well then, guess you will not get any more of my business.
                  Seraph, I'm sure you're absolutely heartbroken at knowing you won't get any business from a guy who has just admitted that he doesn't pay his bills for long periods of time ... >_>
                  Seraph: I do, but I'm not a charity :P
                  Brilliant.
                  SC: f*** that, I'm not signing a contract for a f***ing website project
                  Well, then, I guess you won't be getting any f***ing work out of Seraph, will you?
                  he mentions "I know better people than you who would do it for cheaper, but I guess I'm too nice."
                  Ah...ahhh...AHHHH....AHHHBULLSHIT!
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yay Seraph smackdowns! I hope it made you feel better
                    I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

I'm so happy for you! Yay for smack-downs of idiots who want something for nothing, who think that because they are paying you they get to insult you too!
                      I no longer fear HELL.
                      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

"He knows better people who can do it cheaper"

Sorry Dude, the little Leprechaun that lives in your head doesn't count as "better people".
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

Sorry Dude, the little Leprechaun that lives in your head doesn't count as "better people".
                          That was epic Argabarga. I might have to steal borrow that sometime.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

No, but he may count as "smarter people."

Smarter than the dudiot* anyway.

* - dudiot = dude+idiot - (hooray for a new portmanteau!)

Comment

Seraph, You do know that stockpiling WMDs is illegal... , Don't you?

Comment

Working...
                              X