Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently work at a call center under contract for the company with the largest 4G network.. and yeah.. i have people complaining all the time that they've been a customer for 10 years and they should be able to get a free phone from us.

Comment

Don't they all claim to have the largest 4G network? XD
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        Don't they all claim to have the largest 4G network? XD
        Pretty much I would think.

They either claim to have the largest or the fastest or the most coverage.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          They either claim to have the largest or the fastest or the most coverage.
          That's what he said...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            That's what he said...
            Right before it all petered out . . .

Reminds me of that warning label that says "Warning: Objects are smaller than they appear."
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Right before it all petered out . . .

Reminds me of that warning label that says "Warning: Objects are smaller than they appear."

Ouch! That really stings.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Roger that, Willy.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Had another one of these SCs this past week but what made this one even more sucktackular was that he had the gall to tell me the following:

"I've been with you guys for TWO years now and I'm paying you a lot of money, can't you help me out?"

Wow, dude. Two years, yep, you're a golden oldie all right.

Dumbass.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                    There's a name for that; helicopterparentis!

"I've been with you guys for TWO years now and I'm paying you a lot of money, can't you help me out?"

Wow, dude. Two years, yep, you're a golden oldie all right.

Dumbass.
                    Only two years? That's nothing to the big wireless companies as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't matter if you've been with them two years, or twenty - it's all the same to the company.

You can't afford your cell phone bill? Downgrade your plan or change providers - talk with a CSR to see what the best value for your money is rather than whine and bitch about it.

Sadly, it's all going to cost either way. Trick is to find out what the best deal is that fits your current needs - and do it before your bill gets to the point where you are really straining each month to pay it.

Maybe I'm just funny but it wouldn't have occurred to me to ask for freebies . . . guess there's something wrong with me, eh?

Comment

To be fair I do know one retailer that during this past holiday season was giving away the Galaxy S4 for free on two year contract. But most of the time typically the free ones are usually either low end or end of life devices. I do see in the next year or two the whole free phone ride will be done with on all the major carriers.

Thankfully outside of one circumstance due to warranty replacement issues I've never taken free devices under contract. Heck I still have my first smartphone the Droid 1 to this day but now being used as my alarm clock.
                      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Working...
                      X