This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice try Slick

***** NOTE do NOT turn this into a tipping rant thread. Take that to Fratching********

Had one delivery to a known 14 year old serial stiffer.

His total is $13.98. He hands me a fistful of $1 bills and some change. THEN hands me another dollar and cheerfully says "HERE is your tip."

As I walk away I count the $1 bills and there are EXACTLY $13. I look at the change and there is 98 cents.

Nice try slick

On a related note STORY #2

My town is hosting a company that was built by Mickey ice show for 5 DAYS.

This happens EVERY SINGLE time one of these type of shows hits the local arena.

Evening show time is usually around 7pm. Since we are about 3 blocks from said arena our dining room get SLAMMED around 6pm with people who sincerely believe that appatisers and pizza can magically appear in less than 10 minutes so said families can make to the parking lot around 6:15-6:30pm.

Sorry BUT things take TIME to cook AND due to the fact that about 50 other families decided to also partake of our delicious cheap cheesey goodness DO NOT HELP the situation. ALSO add in the fact that deliveries are rockin pretty hard does NOT help either.

Bitchin and complaining is NOT going to make you food come out any faster.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

At least the kid didn't stiff you on the tab.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      ***** NOTE do NOT turn this into a tipping rant thread. Take that to Fratching********

Just stop delivering to him. If he complains tell him if he can't tip then he doesn't get pizza.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        Just stop delivering to him. If he complains tell him if he can't tip then he doesn't get pizza.
        From what I've seen in his posts, I believe RM works for a national chain. You know what that means? If it comes down to a matter of not serving a customer because he costs a peon money, the peon had damn well better suck it up and not complain - because by serving the customer, CORPORATE gets THEIR money, which is all that matters.

On the other hand, a minor can't legally enter into a contract. IANAL, but isn't placing an order for something made-to-order, with payment to be received when the customer gets the goods, a form of a contract? Good reason to refuse service.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

YUP I do indeed work for a national pizza chain (the one with the red roof) and yes there no way we can refuse to deliver to a known scammer/stiffer/crabby pants/getto house/total asshole/etc. as these "customers" are the company's "bread and butter" customer base (or as we call them the lowest common denominator el-cheapo "we gonna get cheap stuff TONIGHT")

Comment

Well, the rest I understand but, scammers? How can scammers be "bread and butter" of any kind since they don't pay for a lot of stuff?
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

When I delivered pizza I always counted out the money in front of the customer. My coworkers made sure to let me know of all the scams that I could run into while delivering pizza.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                How can scammers be "bread and butter" of any kind ...?
                Simple. They're regular, "loyal" customers. Corporate neither acknowledges nor cares that they're only regulars because they get half of their food for free.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Simple. They're regular, "loyal" customers. Corporate neither acknowledges nor cares that they're only regulars because they get half of their food for free.
                  AND they are the ones who keep on ordering on a VERY regular basis even IF they only get some of their stuff for free.

You have to realize that the larger pizza companies have been running long tern specials (like the $10 ay way you want or cheap M - Thur. carry-out specials) for 4 or 5 years now. Now these prices harken BACK to the prices they charged back 25 or 30 years ago.

I hate say if you want REAL pizza go to a small chain or local independent place. YES it will be more $$$$'s BUT the quality will be MUCH higher and a better value.

Comment

And depending on where you live, they'll be harder to find. I know of....none.

I knew one, near where I used to work. Great pizza. Unfortunately, they're no longer there.
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I hate say if you want REAL pizza go to a small chain or local independent place. YES it will be more $$$$'s BUT the quality will be MUCH higher and a better value.
                      After going to a local place for a period of time and then trying the "Red Roof" pizza again, there's no comparison. Local chain wins out every time IMHO.

Sure, I can go to Red Roof and get a pizza for around $13 but I'd much rather pay $18-$20 and devour half of it and put myself into a pizza coma.

And I feel another taste for Lizzie's coming on again and payday is only 2 days away now. Hurry up Wednesday.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X