Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried Chicken is Murder! (First post! Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bannedanna View Post
    Nope - doesn't work - if there's anything wet in her food dish she won't touch it. It's really odd.

The reason she's fat is more likely because she's an indoor-only cat (I live in the city) and for the last year or two I have been in apartments without stairs or much real exercise other than our play sessions.
    My cat was fat for a while, cuz she went begging from the neighbours and was getting 6 meals a day cuz of this. Indoor/outdoor cat, doesn't matter; my outdoor cat soon lost the weight after we cut off her food supply.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Indoor/Outdoor is really irrelevant to a cat's weight. We have a cat that goes outdoors and she's a fierce hunter, too. She's also quite pudgy. As soon as we're moved, we're changing her diet to something more appropriate.

We had an indoor only cat, too, and he was a lean thing. Same diet. It just suited him better.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

They say most adult cats are lactose intolerant, especially males...

My boy cat doesn't eat much people food, but the girl is a little mooch. If you leave the table during dinner you're likely to find her in your chair when you come back. And if you leave butter uncovered and unattended on the table, you are likely to find her on the table licking it.

As far as cat food, the boy likes the wet better, and the girl likes the dry better, but they will eat both. They also like the fishy flavors over chicken/turkey/beef. My dad has discovered that they both like sharp provolone cheese.

They like pizza crust, too. We have a short video of them when they were tiny pulling the crusts off of a plate on the coffee table. It's really cute.

Slightly OT: I'm watching Jeopardy and they just did the little Q&A with the contestants. The one woman has a cat who will catch small animals and bring them in through the cat door, but not kill them, so she'll come home to find birds, mice, and lizards flying/running around the living room. Apparently the cat would kill them and leave them on the porch, as cats are known to do, until she put in the cat door, and then he started bringing them in to play
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Cats, however, are strict carnivores
          hahahha, tell that to my cat.

My poor, abused houseplants. Only one has survived more than a year, and that's because it's too tall for her to reach without some effort. 3 years and counting.....

All joking and plant-icide comments nonwithstanding, cats do need animal products in their diet. Just the way their bodies work.

My mom's cat used to lick the plastic bags you would bring home groceries and such home in - apparently many were/are made from an animal-based petroleum product. It was but a little ewww too.

Comment

Quoth Hempress View Post
            Tiggswill only drink from a running tap. So he makes us turn the bathroom sink faucet on, which is a pain in the butt because you have to stand there and wait until he's done so you can turn it off.
            I got one of those cat water fountains. Lilly loves it and gets disgusted when I have to clean it and just put out a regular bowl (which she used to use just fine before). However, that has not stopped her need to drink right out of the bathroom faucet. At least she doesn't try it at the kitchen sink!

George (mom's cat) used to go into the shower and lick up the water on the floor when you were done. "Georgie! Shower water!" and he'd come running. He doesn't do that anymore, thank goodness.

Comment

I have no pets of my own (unless I count the spiders in my car) so my sister's cats will have to do. They will only drink bottled water, no tap water or they pitch a fit. Same goes for plain dry food, they won't eat it.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Working...
              X