Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same sorta thing happened one of the (very rare) times me and my mum went to dinner together to catch up.
    They had a deal that night for a pasta and a pizza meal, I forget how much for but it was a good deal. So I got that. There was a lot more pasta than I expected so by the time the pizza came out I was pretty full. I ate a couple pieces and then headed to the counter to ask to have it boxed up. My mum stayed at the table.
    It took not 30 seconds for me to ask the guy at the counter to box it up, and for him to get to our table. No more pizza.
    Turns out the old guy that works there had walked past, and after being told by my mum that we were going to take the rest home, he picked it up, took it out back... and chucked it in the bin.
    Stupid old man! I wanted mah pizza!
    Re: Quiche.
    Pie is manly.
    Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
    Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
    So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

That's not right. With food, you should get what you pay for.

If I get food, I'll only complain if something notable is missing. If they manage to forget something minor, such as leaving onions on my burger, I'll just shrug it off. I'm not allergic, so it's just a minor nuissance.

If I get the food and they forget the fries, or the sandwich is the wrong meat, then I'll make a formal complaint.

I had one situation where my boyfriend and I had gone out to have a celebratory dinner at a really posh sort of place, fancy but not quite requiring coat and tie. Anyway, about halfway through, we realized that they never brought us the appetizers we ordered. So, we mentioned it in passing to the waiter; we just wanted to make sure we weren't charged for it. The waiter appologized and fetched the manager, who also appologized, then they gave us free dessert.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can sypathise with the manager, as far as hes concerned you could just be another guy trying to scam money for free. It's the waitor I'd be mad at, as it was them who took it. the problem is its like when you get the wrong change after your purchase, its really hard to prove after you've left the shop and sadly the genuine people don't get there money back because of the tosser's who try to scam companies.

As for fearing becomming a sucky customer, if your worried about it your unlikly to be one. I think the only time I get wond up at another shop is when the staff are being rude or just plain incompetant. If theres not eneuth staff to cope I might compalin via a complaint form or something, but proberbly not, where as if a staff member was rude then I'd want the manager there and then, since its part of my job to deal with customer complaints and issue refunds it winds me up a lot if I'm not treated the way I'd treat a customer.

Comment

Well, the thing to remember here is that no you will not become a SC if you are worried about becoming one. You will if you stop worrying. Then you become one of..... "those people." Delusional, Psychotic, and Painful to talk to.

I can agree with some facts that I don't get treated like I would treat a customer, but that's cause I'm a cantacerous bastard who doesn't like being helped even if I need it. I just don't want anyone to ask to help me, cause I don't want to be a bother. I am content to letting associates walk right by me and not even complain because they didn't sell me their right arm and let me return it for cash.

Don't become so worried about being a SC, there are valid complaints like, Hey A-hole! Where is my steak?

We are enlightened in the fact that we don't leave work and treat other service industry collegues like some of these "professionals" treat us, but dammit, we need a backbone and actually complain when it really is a problem. Onions on the burger when I didn't want them. Fine I'll eat it. $22 dollar steak gone missing? On a retail wage?

Where is the manager?
          90% of the people complain because of the 10% that ruined your day........

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
            Are their appetizers not very expensive? There are alot of places where two free appetizers are worth $22 if not more.
            No, their appetizers are rather expensive. However, why would I want to order cheese sticks and bruschetta bread or calamari - although very good - in place of a filet mignon?
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
            X