This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deserted View Post
    Y'all might be interested to know that here in Desert Hell, the open container law specifically does not apply to passengers in taxis.
    I'm going to assume that means that they can open a container once they are in the taxi. Because I know from experience working in the industry and being a drinker in that same desert that you sure as hell can't leave a bar with one, not can you be walking around with one any place outside of a licensed establishment's grounds. And any outdoor parts of said grounds, such as patios, must be clearly delineated and somewhat enclosed by rails, fences, etc.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      I've used a similar line before. (Kind of digressing here.) I can't pick up at the main airport in town; it's a roughly $600 ticket (plus I'd probably get fired). [Snip]
      Is this a law, or a situation where you have to buy the rights to serve a certain area? What's the rationale for this set-up?
      Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
        Is this a law, or a situation where you have to buy the rights to serve a certain area? What's the rationale for this set-up?
        Contracted with the city, enforced via city code... somehow. I'm not entirely sure of the setup; Javarod knows more about it than I do. See this thread for some back-n-forth between us about it.
        Last edited by Deserted; 05-22-2014, 05:54 AM.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
        X