This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most entitled customer.

I was working front desk at the hotel when a man walks up asking my CW for a good place to eat.

SC: Hey, I was wondering if there are any good places to eat around here that you can recommend.

CW: Sure, there's a place that's only about a five minute walk, or like a 2 minute drive. It's called (name of pizza place).
    CW: (gives directions)

SC: And this place is good, huh?

CW: Yeah, I really like it. It's probably my favorite pizza place in town.

SC: Well, can you guarantee that I'll like it?

CW: No, of course not. I'm not going to go down that road with you. If you're going to trying to pull some kind of a sneaky lawyers trick, it's not going to happen.

SC: What if I'm not satisfied with it? Will you pay for the meal?

CW: No, why would we do that? If you don't like it, you can choose to not eat there any more.

SC: Well, why can't you make a guarantee then? If you think it's so great. Why can't you just pay for the meal if I don't like it?

CW: Dude, I'm just recommending a place that I like. I have nothing to do with their business, you'd have to take it up with them. If you have any problems that have to do with your room or the hotel then we can talk, but otherwise, I really don't care.

SC: (walks off in a huff)

Gotta love my fellow front desk mate. He won't take crap from anyone.

Quoth Nordel View Post

SC: Well, why can't you make a guarantee then? If you think it's so great. Why can't you just pay for the meal if I don't like it?
    Because the pizza place is not paying me for an endorsement and you did not pay me for the recommendation.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

How dare your colleague not be able to somehow enter their taste buds! This guy probably didn't even mean the hotel paying it he wanted it out of their personal pay packet lol

Comment

Yuck. I hate those sneaky scamming types.bthey think they're so clever. This is a variation of it that I always get:

Sc: where's a good place to eat.
        Me: there's fast food there
        Sc: yuck! I hate fast food
        Me: well there's fancy restaurant there
        Sc: oh really, well are they cheap
        Me: no
        Sc: well I need some where' that's good food and cheap! And close by
        Me: well that's all that's close by
        Sc: fine, how much is the price of a meal? What do you recommend?

Go away, I'm not a frikin concierge! Is what I want to say. -_-
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I addition to working at the hotel I also work at a pizza place. And I get crap like that all the time.

Like this one:
          SC: what's GOOD HERE?!
          ME: Well, I like the BBQ Chicken.
          SC: ewwww. no...I don't want that!

Well, then why even ask, then?!

Or this:

SC: Well, what do you like?
          I don't have the same taste buds as you. I don't have the same neurology or life experience as you. How is it relevant what I like to eat. It's your taste buds!

It's like they want to cover their asses or something and say "well, so and so recommended this dish and I didn't like it! So give me my money back!"
          Last edited by Nordel; 05-20-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'll guarantee my favorite restaurant 100%...that I like it. "Good" is a relative term, my friend and, last I checked, we're not related.
              "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
              -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth Nordel View Post
                Now that takes the cake
                A third party guarantee Now there's a guarantee that it will suck for SC.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  A Chris Farley quote from Tommy Boy.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"sure, that will be a $100 food satisfaction insurance fee, non refundable and maximum covered order value is $20. Only valid for one order and for the next 45 minutes.... If your claim is entered after 45 minutes from when you pay the fee the claim will be rejected.....
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Nordel View Post
                      Uh...buh...wha?!

Seriously?! He expected your CW to pay for his meal on his own say-so that he didn't like it?! Where are they coming up with this nonsense and how do we make it stop?!

Ugh. Such entitlement, such ego, such arrogance. It just...the mind boggles. People like that need to be over and over until their brains are jarred back into place. I suspect, however, that we'll run out of fish before that happens.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

Holy Schnikes!!!

Perhaps the SC could get an app for his phone that'll tell him where nearby places to ear are wherever he goes and that way he won't have to pester anyone.

But there again, the average smartphone is probably way smarter than your garden variety SC.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

Holy Schnikes!!!

Perhaps the SC could get an app for his phone that'll tell him where nearby places to ear are wherever he goes and that way he won't have to pester anyone.

But there again, the average smartphone is probably way smarter than your garden variety SC.
                          Plus, if he didn't like the meal, he'd sue the phone manufacturer.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"No, sir, you won't like their food. Everyone else around here seems to enjoy it, but I'm pretty sure that means you won't. You can, of course, ignore me and go there anyway, but remember, I told you you won't like it. So, if you DO like their food, problem solved, and if you DON'T like it, remember I told you so. Have a nice day now."

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              That's a waste of a perfectly good dump. Just send them to McDonalds.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X